“Excellent Food and Service”
Review of Le Voltaire

Le Voltaire
Reserve with OpenTable
Le Voltaire is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #78 of 1,387 Restaurants in Omaha
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 156th and Dodge rd
Reviewed April 13, 2014

I have ate many times at Le Voltaire. Despite many people's ideas of French resturants, this place has a very homey feel. The staff here is excellent. Their wine knowledge is extreme for Omaha. Chef Cedric use to take them to France. The menu is very diverse and would be classified as chefy and hearty. I always get the lamb or duck offerings, since it is harder to find in town. The food quality is excellent and the food prices are not that expensive. The wine list is extensive. If you start adding wines to dinner, the price can add up. Desserts here are amazing too. The staff is friendly and nice. They are always willing to explain what many of the dishes are, which is great for me because I don't know much about French cooking. For meat eaters, there are many great options with pork and beef.

Reviewed March 3, 2014

We celebrated our anniversary at Le Voltaire last year. What a pleasant surprise! The price can be a little high but it is totally worth. The food is fantastic and the ambiance quiet and cozy. The wine selection is comparable to top restaurants of LA and NY in our opinion.
My husband is diabetic and we asked for some fresh fruit for dessert, at the time they didn't have any but told us that next time we make a reservation we can make special requests and they will be happy to accommodate us. That is good service right there! You don't get that at Applebee's.

Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

Le Voltaire is located in a strip mall but once inside, you're more reminded of a cozy bistro. The service is extremely professional and attentive, no doubt a contributing factor that brings back repeat customers. The wine list is not huge, but offers a nice selection variety at reasonable prices. My wife had the pate appetizer and I recommend it highly. I had what I thought was duck confit but it was served on a flatbread with chèvre and beets and served with fresh salad greens. This preparation was more like a soggy pizza and not as much to our liking. As part of the meal, another fresh salad was included. You certainly get your greens here! My wife had the sweetbreads special for her main course and though she found them less tender than desired, they were tasty. The lamb stew special I had was superb, the meat was perfectly tender and juicy. The complimentary baguette was excellent as well. We had originally ordered desert as well. But the first two courses, ample salad, and a bottle of Chateauneuf de Pape hit the spot.

1  Thank mingfatsai
Reviewed January 7, 2014

My wife and I celebrated New Years Eve at Le Voltaire. Excellent dining experience, great ambiance, wonderful service. We look forward to our next special occasion at Le Voltaire.

1  Thank Bigheadman
Reviewed December 19, 2013 via mobile

In spite of having no reservation on the busy weekend after Thanksgiving we were given a realistic wait time and enjoyed browsing in nearby shops until our alotted dinner time. Charming space, excellent service and fresh bright flavors made it one of those deeply satisfying dining experiences where everything is just right.

1  Thank cityhopper22