“Pleasant Surprise”
Review of Le Voltaire

Le Voltaire
Reserve with OpenTable
Le Voltaire is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #76 of 1,383 Restaurants in Omaha
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 156th and Dodge rd
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Excellent food and service. We were a group of 32 and the service couldn't have been better. @ servers for that large a group and to have the food served in a timely manner was a surprise. Atmosphere was very nice. We had a private room which held the group nicely without being crowded. Would highly recommend.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

I have lived right by this restaurant for 15 years and have never tried it until this last Friday. Don't be fooled by the strip mall appearance, as it is very nice inside. I went with my husband and my father and we made a reservation which I would recommend doing as it was 7:45 and full. Our waiter was very friendly and knowledgable about the menu which had a lot of french terms that we were not familiar with. We each ordered the bistro menu. For $31 you can pick an appetizer, entree, and dessert. We chose different appetizers and desserts so we could all sample each. The brie appetizer was very good, as was the meat sampler. For an entree the Beef Bourguignon was amazing! Just the right portioning too. This would be a great place for a date and not too expensive, especially if you do the bistro menu.

1  Thank CharleyBarley1
Reviewed August 5, 2012

I have to say that I was surprised to find a good quality french restaurant in the western parts of Omaha. Good service, good wine and good traditional french food. We had a broad selection from the menu and most of it was good, including the snails with garlic and the boeuf bourginon.

1  Thank RichardU71
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Le Voltaire is definitely one of Omaha's best restaurants. My husband and I dine here quite often and are never disappointed. As the name would indicate it is a French restaurant but don't let that intimidate you. It is not at all pretentious. It is a small restaurant in a strip mall with a very welcoming staff. The menu is fairly large and it is very reasonably priced. The expert chef prepares everything perfectly. You can't go wrong no matter what you order.

If you have never tried Le Voltaire I suggest that you do. You will not be disappointed!

2  Thank OmahaCheryl
Reviewed July 7, 2012

a place to dine, not dash. true French quisine, but tailored for local tastes. invariably a good experience. Cecric, the owner, is from a Paris suburb and his grandmother was obviously supurb in her kitchen. Lisa, and her wait staff, have always been very good. Everything has to be somewhere--every restaurant can't be in a castle. The location offers abundant parking, and the interior is well done in a typical French eatery style. The wine list rivals the old Cafe de Paris. Cedric nicely accomodates special requests, like making scallops in a brandy sauce no on the menu, if he has the ingredients on hand. All is prepared to order, not mass produced, warehouse stored, thawed, etc. With Ivan no longer in the business the torch has been passed into very good hands. This place is not "good for an Omaha place' but iwould be a truly superior restaurant anywhere--strip mall or otherwise, snob or gourmet.

1  Thank richard a