“Second Time Around... Even Worst Than The First!”

Grand Fortune Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #840 of 1,346 Restaurants in Omaha
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Omaha, Nebraska
“Second Time Around... Even Worst Than The First!”
Reviewed March 31, 2012

My husband and I gave Grand Fortune a second chance after a less than mediocre first try. We have heard such great things about this place we decided to give it another whirl. When I walked in to pay for my take out order, I was treated as some sort of leper and rushed out the door without any sort of acknowledgement because I was take out. That really wouldn't have bothered me, except for how wrong they got our order. My husband's Sweet and Sour Chicken was soggy and tasted microwaved. My Tangerine Beef did have a wonderful sauce, but the coating on the beef was so soggy that it really didn't matter what the dish had on it... the texture of soggy fried meat it not a pleasing mouth feel. Not worth the 12 bucks a dish. Not even close.
On top of it all, they forgot to give us our order of crab rangoon. The one thing I was really looking forward to eat (because it was the one thing they did well the first time).
Basically, you want to avoid this place if you like peas, carrots, and onions in your fried rice... if you want a sweet and sour sauce that doesn't taste like orange punch.... if you want to be appreciated for your business, even carryout.... or if you want to be assured that your food is not microwaved and will have a crunch when you bite into it.
But... they do have fantastic fortune cookies.

• Visited March 2012
2 Thank C N

Omaha, NE
“A very good Chinese restaurant”
Reviewed January 31, 2010

I'm not Chinese, but I think that this place is authentic. There were as many Asians as gringos customers. They have a gringo menu that offers the same Sino-American fare that other Chinese restaurants do (i.e. Chicken Fried Rice) and they they have the "real" Dim Sum menu. I had their special house noodle dish and it was great. This place is next door to Famous Dave's and across the parking lot from Gordmans. I plan to return soon!

2 Thank PickyGuy