“Maybe I should have had pizza????”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Frank's Pizzaria

Frank's Pizzaria
Ranked #273 of 1,338 Restaurants in Omaha
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Los Angeles
“Maybe I should have had pizza????”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

Disclaimer: I did not have pizza here - I had the Italian sandwich.

I don't like walking into a place and know within the first 30 seconds that the guy behind the counter is in a bad mood. I mean, seriously? Sorry it's 2pm and you are trying to prep for your dinner rush, but if you don't want to serve people at this time, then close your doors instead of being a total (insert nickname for richard here).

I placed my order with the grumpy dude behind the counter, sat down, and ate my sandwich when it came. It was fine. The lettuce was brown and the italian dressing didn't taste homemade. Not a lot of meat, but at 6.99, it was fair. Menu says Boars Head meats, this didn't look like boars head - looked like it had more fillers than BH meats.

I will go back and try the pizza and hopefully find Mr. Crankypants in a better mood.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank skygirl12

Hanover, Pennsylvania
“Just like home”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

I read about this pizzeria in the newspaper. Couldn't believe it had been around for 10 years and I didn't know about it, although it's not very near where I live. I drive for real pizza in Omaha! We ordered take-out, a 16" pepperoni pie. It was very busy that night, nearly every table filled and several of us waiting for take-out. (Orders were ready, just took a few minutes to pay, etc).

It's a small place, but has enough tables to feel friendly, and not cramped. The decor is strictly old school neighborhood pizza place. Everyone can see what's happening in the kitchen, and it's a very busy kitchen! I took a menu with me so we can either take-out again or eat in and know what we want ahead of time to look forward to it.

The pizza was very good, very thin crust, not burnt. The 16" fed 3 people. I can't wait to go again and taste the real thing again.

• Visited March 2013
Lincoln, Nebraska
“The best NY slice west of the Hudson”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2012

Simply, Frank's Pizzaria serves THE BEST pizza in Omaha. If you're craving a real pie, look no further. Frank's is the real deal. With his roots from the City, the owner of Frank's pizza does it right. Thin crust, slightly blackened, light and fresh sauce, shaved meatballs (just like they do it back 'home') and HOT HOT HOT.
With no disrespect to a previous poster, you WANT the black on the bottom. And forget about the knife and fork - fold your slice like a taco and dive it.
The Scicilian pizza is just as good, and you'll kick yourself if you don't order a cannoli.

• Visited July 2012
Washington
“Great Single Slice Pizza”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2012

Stopped by with friends for a quick lunch. No wait and friendly service. I ordered all vegetable topping and friends ordered pepperoni. We enjoyed every bite. Would eat pizza here any time. Loved it.

• Visited May 2012
Omaha, Nebraska
“good sauce, burned crust”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2010

It's tough with thin crust pizza not to burn the crust. Yesterday at lunch, mine was blackened. Hard to eat with the plastic knives and forks. Not recommended.