“FROM INDIANAPOLIS”

Jack & Mary's Restaurant
Ranked #341 of 1,383 Restaurants in Omaha
Cuisines: American
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Went to Jack and Mary's when I come to Omaha. Was very satisfied with all factors of the visit. We started out with the best onion rings I have ever eaten. Then my friend and I had the main course and again was very pleased with the texture and taste of the meal. We will go to Jack and Mary's when I come back to Omaha. My son't family eat there all the time also is how we heard of the place and one of the owners is a high school friend. The server was very friendly.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

Had the fried chicken for dinner one night while working in the area per recommendation of the clerk at our hotel. It was good, no complaints, however I thought the portion of chicken was less than I expected. Left slightly hungry yet! We chose a booth by the front window which was sor tof in rough shape, seatwise. Service was great, prices were slightly above what I expected to pay for a chicken dinner but overall, a good meal.

Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

We visited Jack and Mary's for a late weekend lunch. The pie case is prominently situated in the entrance -- we didn't try any, but the pies look homemade and luscious!

We tried the "Omaha's best onion rings" as an appetizer. The half order was plenty for four people to share. They were good, obviously hand-breaded, but not worthy of marquee billing.

We did a pretty traditional meal of sandwiches, burgers and salads. All pretty basic and fresh, large portions, but again, not particularly memorable. I thought the prices were a little high.

Our waitress was pleasant but not friendly. She kept drinks refilled efficiently. Food arrival was slow given there were only about 3 parties in the restaurant mid-afternoon.

Decor was kind of Midwest blah. Wooden tables, plastic drinking glasses, cheap-o Christmas ornaments hanging from the acoustic tile ceiling grid. The bathroom has not been updated since the '80s.

Overall, a decent local place that I would return to when I am in the neighborhood but wouldn't go out of my way for.

1  Thank Bookmom17
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Jack and Mary’s has been known for a long time for its chicken. They’ve been around for years. I noted that everyone there on a Tuesday night was definitely part of the senior crowd. Their menu is very focused on “down-home” meals such as chicken fried steak, chicken and noodles, hot roast beef sandwich, meatloaf, etc. I’ve had the chicken before and agree that its pretty good. I realize that that not all of these meals are on the heart-healthy list. However, every now and then, a little comfort food can’t hurt. I recently tried the chicken fried steak just to break from the norm. Obviously, my selection wasn’t way up there on the haute cuisine list. It was pretty good and a little chewy as is any chicken fried steak, but there was plenty of it. I ordered a salad for a side. The lettuce was wilted and slightly brown on the edges, not crisp at all. All in all, the food was average. The service was excellent. Two dinners and beverages came to $25.

1  Thank RichFromOmaha
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We had not been to Jack & Mary's since they moved to their new location. The inside decor changed but the food and menu were the same. The service was very good and the food excellent! It is nice that some things stay the same!

1  Thank Nancy366

Been to Jack & Mary's Restaurant? Share your experiences!