“Nice But Not Awesome”

Cuisines: American, Irish, British
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 11, 2013

The menu is "bar level" quality, but a bit different than the typical bar menu. The staff are nice and they make good martinis here.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

My wife and I had the bangers and mashed potatoes and it was delicious. Service was outstanding, the decor and ambiance was terrific. Looked like a generous selection of beers, but did not try any.

Lot of items on the menu, we will go back to try other things.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

My husband & I ate at Brazen Head last week. He had the corned beef & cabbage which was barely OK. The disappointment came from bland sliced corned beef -- none of it looked like (or tasted like) slices of freshly made corned beef. I had a potato pancake stuffed with crab, asparagus, & Havarti cheese; which was very tasty. The root beer is also a great beverage choice since it is the real thing.

1  Thank 2togoNebraska
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Went there for a business lunch, we were a group of six. They did a nice job helping one of the guys with gluten-free choices. I had the uncle milty with the cottage fries, it was good, but the sandwitch was a little on the small side and there was nothing special about the fries. I don't remember if there was even a price for my choice on the menu because it was on an insert as one of the chef's choices. I am guessing that if I was the one paying I would have thought it was a little over-priced for what it was. The wait staff was really good, we arrived after the lunch rush around 1pm as it wasn't too busy and the food came out pretty quickly considering we were a group of six.

1  Thank david J
Reviewed February 8, 2013

The Brazen Head offers a good, hearty menu with solid (occasional) live Celtic bands and an attentive staff that does very well servicing their comfortable, atmospheric party room for special events. The drawbacks of the place are the boisterous, noisy diners you often find there (which, granted, might be expected, but didn't seem to jibe with the sit-down dining experience I was looking for, and made it very hard to have a comfortable conversation) and the increasing rarity of live entertainment. More bands, please; if there are good times to be had, the frat brats at the next table can be as loud as they want.