“Just plain incredible!”

Valentino's
Ranked #677 of 1,377 Restaurants in Omaha
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

I ate here back in 1997 and loved it. I was happy to see they were still in business. We ordered two pizzas delivered to our hotel. They arrived quick and hot and very tasty. 2 days later we went to the buffet. I couldn't find anything I didn't like and there are a ton of selections. Please build one of these in eastern Iowa!

Reviewed April 19, 2013

I have to say that this is a restaurant in decline. Their buffet isn't what it used to be, and they haven't kept pace with the times. Then again, maybe I just grew up--a buffet experience like they present doesn't have as much appeal when you're 40 as it did when you were 15.

Their take-out pizza is still very good, especially with the original crust. It never fails to please a party, especially when children are involved. I can honestly say that many if not most of my best family experiences have centered around Valentino's pizza. It may not satisfy the rarified taste of the foodies out there, but that's their problem.

I will say that the management at this particular store is exceptionally responsive. On my last visit, I asked the manager on duty if they had a certain item (I honestly cannot remember which one). She immediately rallied her staff to get a batch made, even when I protested that it really wasn't necessary.

So, I'm settling on four stars. They aren't what they used to be, but they're still Valentino's, and the guy who takes his family there really boosts his chances to be voted Father of the Year.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

Ordered a pizza at 8pm got it at 9:30. Tasted like Cardboard. Their response was "we got busy" I am sorry for the inconvenience of ordering food from your establishment!

Reviewed July 11, 2012

Great variety at reasonable prices. I have taken many out of town friends there and all have enjoyed "Cornhusker" pizza with all the trimmings.

Reviewed March 19, 2012

When I was in college in Lincoln 40 years ago we always had Valentinos Pizza for our Sunday dinner. Even though I now live 200 miles away its still my favorite pizza and I eat there whenever I'm in Lincoln or Omaha. My wife, kids, grandkids and nieces and nephews who have never lived in Nebraska all love it also and can't wait to eat there or to get some of their frozen pizza or pasta to take home.

Their traditional pizza has a thick crust with avery unique taste. The sauce is also very good and their pizzas always come with platy of good quality toppings. Besides the typically tomato based sauce they also offer some pizzas with an alfredo sauce instead.

This location has a buffet. It has multiple kinds of pizza, their other Italian items and many other things to choose from. They usually have one unique pizza on their buffet. the last time we were there they had a crab alfredo pizza.

Our favorite pizzas are the deluxe pepperoni which includes cream cheese and their hamburger and cream cheese pizza. I've never seen cream cheese on pizzas anywhere else and it makes a really delicious combination.

Been to Valentino's? Share your experiences!