“Poor service-terribly expensive”

Cuisines: Bar, Pub, American
Omaha, Nebraska
“Poor service-terribly expensive”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2012

A family of 4 cannot go without spending about $50-60 and that is without anything but water to drink---food is cold most of the time, not enough sauce on the pasta dishes, servers never come back to refill waters,etc. We have had 3 bad experiences in the past 5 months, but we were always willing to give the benefit of the doubt. I think they have used up all of their chances now.

Des Moines, Iowa
“fair food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2012

The food was just ok, the service was really good. I probably would not go there again.

Visited February 2012
Bennington, Nebraska
“Below Average.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2012

My usual experience with chain restaurants is that I am okay if a chain can even eke out an average performance. You don’t go there for command service or haute cuisine, nor do you pay for that. Service seemed on the slow side, but not too bad because the place was only half full on a Sunday evening. I ordered the steak fajitas. The steak portion was small, but cooked properly. They seemed to have cut way back on the toppings, with just a tablespoon of shredded cheese, less than that of sour cream and a mountain of limp lettuce. I asked for guacamole, but none arrived. The flour tortillas were dried and literally crunchy on the outside edges, so there was no folding the tortillas. I would have sent them back, however our waitress was nowhere to be seen, my food was getting cold, and everyone else was eating. With not much business that night, it seemed like it took a long time to handle the check and payment. I’ve had better experiences at other Applebees, so I may just avoid this location in the future.

• Visited January 2012
Omaha
“Pre-fab food for the masses”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2008

My daughter dragged me there and it was awful!
Processed food posing as a real meal. Mine seemed to be a chopped-and-formed simulated meat product.
There are certainly hundreds of better places to go in Omaha. Use your imagination and enjoy a real dining experience somewhere else.

Been to Applebee's? Share your experiences!