“Amazing food, amazing staff!”
Review of McFoster's Natural Kind Cafe - CLOSED

McFoster's Natural Kind Cafe
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Ottawa, Canada
“Amazing food, amazing staff!”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

As a vegan, I couldn't be happier here. What a delicious meal (tempeh burritos and beans and rice)! What a most friendly people! We had a wonderful conversation about my favourit topics, veganism and Beatlemania, hahaha. Guys, you're awesome!

• Visited July 2013

Prescott Valley, AZ
“Great for vegetarians...not in a hurry.”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

My husband and I look forward to eating here when visiting Omaha--largely because we know it's one of the few places we can eat out where he will have a variety to choose from. The fresh squeezed juices are yummy. We have enjoyed the food. The best I've had yet was the epplant sandwhich on g-f bread & with non-dairy cheese. Loved it! The place could use a little sprucing up. While the staff is generally very friendly, the overall service is fairly slow. Don't come here when you're pinched for time.

Visited May 2013
“Good time”
Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

This is a nice little place to go for something different. They have so many choices it's hard to decide what to order. I went w a vegetarian friend who suggested it. The weather was nice so we sat outside. The guacamole is delicious. I had a nutty salad with ranch dressing that was quite tasty. I am not a "hippie" and felt completely comfortable.

• Visited May 2013
USA
“Not for me”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

I like the idea of what McFoster's tries to achieve - but the one visit to this restaurant I had was also my last (I won't be returning).

What McFoster's offers in fresh quality and local accommodations it lacks in variety and overall flavor (several of my friends dishes were rather bland).

Also, not being a hippie, I felt somewhat out of place -- I don't mean that in a negative way against them, I just felt out of place in my docker pants and leather coat!

Visited April 2013
Vancouver, Canada
“tasty, unique offerings”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

We had a very enjoyable dinner, trying out a vegetarian and non-veg. offering. The curried tempeh with greens was amazing, as was the chicken marsala. We had the Bombay nachos--a great change from the usual nachos. The grilled portobello tasted like summer, in the middle of winter. Flavours were just right, not overwhelming. I appreciated being able to order yummy gluten-free, non-dairy items. The chocolate mousse was very creamy, as was the coconut milk ice cream. Any time we come to Omaha, we will eat here!

• Visited February 2013