“oompa! it's so good!”
Review of Katie's Restaurant & Taverna - CLOSED

Katie's Restaurant & Taverna
Reviewed July 2, 2014

We've been going to Katie's for 28 years. Best baklava I've ever had. I usually get a gyros, which is delicious, but my spouse always tries the various specials and loves them all. We've tried other Greek places but none compare!

Reviewed May 1, 2014

We love greek food and this was one of the best. We had the Dolmades for an appetizer. Delicious! Wonderful flavor and tasty. We were a party of six and we each had something different. The portions were very generous. The gyros were huge and challenging to handle but delicious! I had the lamb skewers! The best! We ended with Baklava. One easily serves two people. The absolute best! Our waitress was helpful and friendly. Katies is family owned and operated and they served us well!

Reviewed January 13, 2014

The service was very good. The food was excellent. We had the tzatziki dip and warm pita bread were excellent. I had a gyros sandwich which was very good and not at all stingy with the meat. My wife had a Greek Salad which she said was very good except for the tomatoes which finding good ones this time of year is difficult. This place is worth a return visit.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

Enjoyed the booth in the Qwest Center as well as visiting the restaurant in person. Loved the gyros, pitas and tzatziki dip!

Reviewed January 5, 2013

Just an average greasy spoon posing as a Greek restaurant even when one realizes that Omaha is about 6000 miles from Greece!