“Food ok, athmosphere sad- great for caterind and take out.”
Review of Katie's Restaurant & Taverna - CLOSED

Katie's Restaurant & Taverna
Reviewed February 11, 2012

Went there by myself. I think it is just not worth to be kep open. The owner was chatting with her friend at an opposite table. Everything looked sad and old. Makes you tip twice as much because you feel a great misfortune happened to good people who knows how to prepare food. When you get their food catered,it is really good.

Reviewed April 19, 2011

Was visiting family in Omaha and they suggested Katie's. Cozy, warm, friendly and clean are good adjectives for Katie's. The tzaziki, horiatiki, keftedes, lamb souvlaki and baklava were the best I have eaten in many years. Plan on going several more times when I visit in June 2011. Grandma's recipes are outstanding!

1  Thank Papa_Llebre
Reviewed March 9, 2011

My wife and I LOVE to go to Katies. The souvlaki is absolutely fantastic. I always order one chicken and one shrimp. The shrimp is never rubbery, and the chicken is some of the moistest, tenderest chicken I have ever eaten. The entire wait staff is very friendly. Vasili (sp?) is usually our waiter, and always remembers what we want, and even the little niceties like extra lemon slices. Make sure to take a bottle of the tangy Greek dressing home with you. It is the best. My wife and I went there at 1:35 today, they close at 2:00, and unlike a recent trip to another Omaha restaurant, we were welcomed, and made to feel at home. Whenever I have the chance, Katie's is without question, my choice for Greek food.

Reviewed February 3, 2011

For Katie's to be rated below the Greek Islands is a travesty. I was fortunate to have lived in Greece for 3 years and Katie's, hands down, is the most authentic Greek restaurant in town...period. So much so, that Katie tends to close on slow days, just because. Aside from the normal Greek fare, you have to try their pork chops. And the baklava is to die for. I remember the first time I ate there. There was no salt or pepper at the table. After taking the first bite of my meal, I understood why; the food was perfectly seasoned. So when taking friends there, I tell them not to ask for salt or pepper. lest they offend Katie. Seriously, the food is just that good. It's a shame this restaurant isn't rated higher.

What it lacks in ambiance and atmosphere, it more than makes up for in the dining experience.

Reviewed December 27, 2008

Great Greek food! Their Greek salads, gyro plates, and baklava are a few of our favorites. The staff are always friendly and accomodating. My wife and I have eaten here several times and always share a great experience when we do. We have never been disappointed in any way. Katie's is, hands down, the best Greek restaurant in the Omaha area.