“Terribly disappointing.”

Ranked #135 of 1,395 Restaurants in Omaha
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 21, 2013

We went to Taxi's today, on a Wednesday, at 1:00. We were really looking forward to eating here as it is a sister restaurant to Mantra, and we absolutely LOVE eating there. We stood inside the front door totally ignored for 5-10 minutes. Two waitresses repeatedly walked right past us and never said a word in greeting or even recognition of our presence. Then a tall, thin man walked past who looked lost. He spent a few minutes fawning over some woman who was on her way out. He was wearing a Mantra shirt. While finally being bothered to seat us, he mentioned that he also works at Mantra, and I hope he does a better job there. We took our seats and after another 5 -10 minutes of being totally ignored, we left. It was really a shame as the menu had quite a few items that sounded good.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Very homey feel, with great food and service. We've never been dissapointed.
We even end up at the same table nearly every time, kind of like our own little getaway.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

We love this place. We also love the sister restaurant, Mantra, in Benson. But that has a younger, feistier vibe. Taxi is more mature and settled, with an older clientele. But the formula still works, and very well. Lots of great salads and sandwiches, good early evening specials, great small plates, and very reasonable prices. I had a pasta dish with shrimp, my wife a salad, and her father the walleye. All were happy. The soups here (and at Mantra) are outstanding. My wife and I had a vegetarian "chowder" which was healthy and wonderful. The other offering was the blue cheese and cabbage soup, which, while rich, is to die for. Service here is always great, and the drink and wine options are excellent. Not one of the top 5 in town, but in the next tier. And that ain't shabby. Highly recommended.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

We've been going there every couple of months for 10 years. We are still discovering new dishes and specials. The staff is very knowledgeable and friendly. The food is excellent. Try the Tuna Nachos for a late night snack at the bar. Fantastic!

Reviewed April 16, 2013

Taxis is a true bistro--ambience is wonderful and is reminiscent of Paris, with great eats and a wonderful staff. Having eaten here previously and always been pleased with the food, imagine my disappointment when my order of Macaroni and Cheese came swimming in an oily mess. When this was pointed out to our server she graciously asked if I would care for something else. Having my heart and stomach set on Mac and Cheese, I bravely asked that the chef please try again. Oh, dear, what foolish faith I had, the encore presentation was only marginally better than the first. My past experiences indicate that this was an anomaly, however, take my advice and don't risk the Mac and Cheese.