“Outstanding food and service! Great atmosphere.”
Review of Taxi's

Taxi's
Ranked #157 of 1,377 Restaurants in Omaha
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Every month we go out with friends and sample the many restaurants that Omaha has to offer. We have been doing this now for several years. Last night we hit a home run with the selection of this place. Taxi's is inconspicuously located in a strip mall. You can easily drive by the mall and not notice one of the best restaurants in town. The decor is warm and inviting. They have a little of everything on their menu. They have early night specials between 5 and 7 which include salad, entree, and dessert at a reasonable price. In addition, if you take advantage of the early night special, they also have special prices for drinks. We started out with the spinach and artichoke dip, which they call "spinart". This is one appetizer that we try to order at all the restaurants we visit. This was by far one of the best we had eaten at any restaurant. It had great flavor, consistency, and the portion size was large. For entrees, the members of our group had the pot roast, seafood enchilada, and crab cake salad. All the dishes came out in a timely manner, at proper temperature, and in adequate portions. Our waiter was very friendly and helpful. He checked with us several times during the meal, and the staff was on top of refilling our water glasses and removing our dishes throughout the meal. Overall, it was a great dining experience, one for which we will be back to try again.

1  Thank Mspiege23

Reviewed March 6, 2013

Very nice place with very good food but the noise is deafening. It's almost impossible to hear your companion especially at lunch.
would love to go back but too many other places.

1  Thank tvkscout
Reviewed January 3, 2013

We stayed at a hotel close to this restaruant and asked the hotel staff to recommend a restaurant and they suggested Taxi's. My husband and I were traveling with our 2 small children and wanted some place close to the hotel. It was very close so we tried it. When we arrived at the restaurant, the staff was so welcoming and friendly! Right from the start I didn't feel like it was a place for my small kids to be but they never made us feel that way at all. We looked at the menu and ordered, there is no kids menu but my daughter and I shared the meatloaf. First of all they brought us both a plate and said they split it for us in the kitchen but I'm sure they just brought her a plate too. It was amazing! Delicious food and there was plenty for both my daughter and I if they did in fact split the order. Then our 4 month old baby got a lttle upset and I was afraid she would disrupt the other guests but everyone made us feel very welcomed and talked to both of our kids just like the place was full of kids. Thank you for making us welcome and for such great food!

Reviewed December 23, 2012

Here on business and discovered Taxi's. A very nice restaurant with good food and a very staff. Would highly recommend.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

Fabulous food in a tucked away location! We expected from the name something more like a very casual sports bar. While this is a casual place the food was quite fine dining. My husband and I both had our best meal in ages here. There isn't a kids menu but they did have a few kid options such as chicken strips or burgers. My only wish is that there would be a little more room between tables.