“Best Chicken & Fish Puffy Tacos ever!!!”
Review of Trini's

Trini's
Ranked #167 of 1,356 Restaurants in Omaha
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Appleton, WI
“Best Chicken & Fish Puffy Tacos ever!!!”
Reviewed November 5, 2010

We found this place by mistake, but is was no mistake at all. It is in a charming little area of Old Market area. The puffy tacos are amazing. So good we went there twice while we were in town. Service was good the first night and not so amazing the second. Prices are good.

Corvallis, Oregon
“Good Mexican food in the Old Market”
Reviewed September 16, 2010

I used to eat at Trini's all the time in graduate school - good food at a good price. The service is fast, and I always try to go back to Trini's when we're in town. They usually have really great drink specials at dinner - 1.99$ margaritas for example. I highly recommend Trini's because of its location, food, and fast service (great for a quick pre concert or show meal).

Omaha, Nebraska
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Trini's is the ultimate mexican restaurant with kick @$$ margaritas, delicious food and superb service.”
Reviewed July 10, 2010

I disagree with any negative reviews about Trini's. I have been a loyal Trini's customer for 16 years, and it has only improved with time. The Old Market atmosphere is comforting and full of history. The service is kind and caring. In fact, we actually nicknamed one waiter that helped us many times "the sensitive waiter" because he always made sure we were satisfied with our dining experience. The food is extremely yummy, and the margaritas.... kick @$$! Need I say more? I recommend this place to all, and on Tuesdays and Thursdays, Trini's has a $1.99 margarita special w/ food purchase that is such a great deal.

1 Thank MargaritaJunkie
Omaha, Nebraska
“Trinis Old Market..stay away...not what it was before...rip off”
Reviewed March 19, 2010

TRINIS OLD MARKET..STAY AWAY...Not what it wasyears ago - ‎ - Today
I have been a customer of trinis for 12 years and went there yesterday 3/18/2010 and it was the WORST FOOD I have ever had
Portions were tiny,FAHITAS had no VEGIES (PEPPERS & ONIONS) service was poor.
THE HOST (BOB THE OWNER ) I found out the next dayhad no interest in heaing how POOR the service was.Thats the last $50 BUCKS I spend there.
small portions compared to years ago..POOR SERVICE AND MOSTLY THE HOST (BOB THE OWNER )Should be shut down,He saw what was coming out of the kitchen also all the returns.
AGAIN,go elsewherefor mexican food,Theres plenty of them

Loveland
“Horrible Service - Avoid”
Reviewed February 2, 2010

My wife and I have been going to Trini's for 15 years and I must say that we will never go again. The food was never special, but above average and a quick bite in the Old Market.

Over the last two years, service has declined into a near confrontational status. Friday night my wife and I waited 20 minutes before anyone visit our table to take drink orders. Keep in mind that at the time there were only 3 patrons in the restaurant and a wait-staff of 4+. Inexcusable.

Like other have commented, the staff acts as if they are doing you a favor by serving your party.

If you are in the Old Market and want Mexican, go to Michael's or Stokes.

Never again Trini's.

1 Thank Coltranes

Been to Trini's? Share your experiences!