“Old school place - Gotta try it at least once”
Review of Caniglia's Venice Inn - CLOSED

Caniglia's Venice Inn
Cuisines: Italian, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
omaha
“Old school place - Gotta try it at least once”
Reviewed July 21, 2012

This is a special place, Italian place of old. Good food, not sure how healthy, but special. Very traditional and authentic. Has been around for a while. Gotta try it and then you can decide how often you want to dine there. Nice change from contemporary places.

• Visited July 2012

Omaha
“Another old generation”
Reviewed July 4, 2012

We looked at the menu online and wondered if it would be too much like a previous restaurant we went to that we didn't like.(had an old feeling to it) So we picked somewhere else to eat. That place was closed so we decided to try caniglia's out. When we walked in we realized what we were in store for. Old fashioned food that maybe my grandparents might enjoy. The food was bland. No real flavor and the overall decor of the place was .... Just too dated for us. The fake plants and grapes had dust layers on them. The steps had bright duct tape to alert you them. While it was better than the other place we had been before, we would not be going back.

• Visited July 2012
Omaha, Nebraska
“Slightly disappointed”
Reviewed June 28, 2012

I had high hopes for this place because I saw it on the Travel Channel & had driven past it a million times on the way to campus at UNO. However, it seemed pretty tired and the food was... a bit bland to be honest. Granted, I did not get the steak, so maybe that would've been good. But what I had wasn't anything special. If you're paying for a meal here, don't go. If someone invites you, sure, why not?

Visited July 2011
2 Thank Derek R
Montana
“A return visit after 35 years!”
Reviewed May 28, 2012 via mobile

The Venice Inn was a high school special occasion place for me growing up in Omaha. Just returned to visit family and wanted to go to a long time staple of Omaha steakhouses for my husband's benefit. It was a great dinner and the place has really withstood the test of time! My favorite item was the red sauce on the pastas....just a hint of sweetness and absolutely delicious. I had veal Parma and it was really good. The hash browns were also excellent. My husband had walleye and did not care for it...but it is an Italian steakhouse and that is what they are good at. We had a wonderful server who been there for many many years. No was sorry tonlea ve and hope to visit again much sooner.

“Lovely atmosphere, great value”
Reviewed March 28, 2012

If you are not looking to spend a lot of money for lunch but want to fill up on good food, this is the place. I had the lasagna which came with soup and salad bar. Their red sauce and homemade salad dressing is very good.

Visited March 2012