“Amazing Steak”

Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Chicago
“Amazing Steak”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

The Whiskey Steak has such a unique flavor, one of the best steaks I have had in a while. The service was terrific and the restaurant has a great ambiance.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank apo495

Milford, Ohio
“Good Steaks but Pricey”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Went here on a business trip as the place was recommended. I must say I have never had "Whiskey marinated" steaks before but I thought they were VERY good. I was worried they would reek of bourbon and that that was all you would taste but actually you really never taste the bourbon.....they just had a nice flavor. However having said that I thought they were a bit overpriced. The Filets went for $39 which is in Mortons and Ruths Chris territory. Frankly while not small portions they could have been a bit bigger for the price. I guess I just had a "Value issue" with this place....either lower the price or make the portions larger! Lastly they had a salad bar but I thought it was just average. To me if a restaurant is going thru the bother of offering a salad bar it should be top notch....this one had VERY few selections and honestly the salad bar at a Ruby Tuesdays has a better selection. Nonetheless the steaks are different and I would recommend trying them....just have a big credit limit!

• Visited July 2013
Kansas City, Missouri
“Great Steakhouse”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

These whiskey marinaded steaks are fantastic. The service is fantastic but fast. I didn't feel like I had an opportunity to relax and visit while we dined. The restaurant is a bit rustic and could definitely use a facelift. The steaks were pricey, but very good.

• Visited July 2013
Aiken, South Carolina
“Always a stop in Omaha!”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

This was my second visit to the Drover and it was as good as I remember! The whiskey filet is not to be missed! The salad bar is excellent as well. Don't miss it if you're in Omaha!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank dcwhit
Leesburg, Florida
“This is one great Steak !!”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

I have been in Omaha twice and a local business contact took me to Drovers the first time and I took someone else with me on my second visit to Omaha !! The place is always busy (but not so busy I had to wait) and the menu is not that huge but there could just be the Whiskey Filet on it and I would come back everytime. Great salad bar that got a little of my attention as did the fresh bread, and the service was good but I would say the steak did all the important talking to me !! Hey, I am sure there are a lot of good steaks in Omaha, but so far this is best I have found and if a great steak is on your wish list while in Omaha put this place in your GPS and get ready to say WOW !! I also heard from the other side of the table that the Whiskety Strip was pretty good as well !!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank daviwils

Been to Drover? Share your experiences!