“Far From What I Expect”

Cedar Creek, Nebraska
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Far From What I Expect”
Reviewed January 11, 2014

My wife and I used to frequent Grandmothers for years. Always had great food and service. Decided to visit tonight with my family. Not the service nor food quality we have come to expect. My wife had a cup of soup and a rueben sandwich. . Sandwich was not cooked. Waited 15 minutes for our waitress to appear again to correct the issue. My daughter ordered a chicken fried chicken. Again, the chicken was under cooked. What happened to the restaurant we have enjoyed for years and come to expect so much more ??

• Visited January 2014

Omaha
“Homestyle Heaven”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Ate lunch with clients and they enjoyed the menu. Warm bread, good onion rings and good portion sizes. Several soup, salad and burger options. I had the grilled talapia with steamed vegetables as a healthy alternative. Good service but a bit noisy in the place. No wait for a table over the lunch hour. Good value. Definately an older crowd.

• Visited June 2013
Papillion, Nebraska
“Good food, prices and service.”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Stopped in to Grandmother's last night. The interior is starting to show its age, but the food, service and prices are still very good. Had a club sandwich with salad as the side (~$8.50). The salad was good, nothing real special, The club sandwich was better than average. It had more meat than many places I've been, and it tasted very good. the other's in my party also enjoyed there meals (no complaints). Service was also very good, water and drink glasses never went empty, and server was quick to bring us the check at the end of the meal.

• Visited May 2013
Omaha, Nebraska
“Always one of our faves!”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We have been going to Grandmothers for over 20 years---dining in and take out. Still a great value and great food. My kids are grown and still always want to go there when they are around. They still serve free nachos with liter of margaritas!!

Visited March 2013
Omaha, Nebraska
“Great Food, amazing onion soup and onion rings!”
Reviewed July 13, 2012

This place is great for lunch. I have been there several times with my co-workers. They have the most amazing onion soup. The onion rings are THE BEST in Omaha as well. I recommend the club sandwich, SO GOOD!

• Visited July 2012