“very rare homemade on site ice cream”
Review of Ted & Wally's

Ted & Wally's
Ranked #1 of 40 Dessert in Omaha
Reviewed October 7, 2013

neat place-ice cream is made in old wooden ice cream freezers
unique flavors-wife had black licorice and really liked it
I had Dutch Chocolate and it was also good

There are newer reviews for Ted & Wally's

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We had a short vacation in Omaha and went to Ted & Wally's each day. (Long lines twice, short line once and no line once). I became obsessed with trying the unusual flavors and then became addicted to the Guinness after trying it. I also liked the Triple Berry Pie and Raspberry. My wife really liked the Green Tea Pomegranate, a triple chocolate combination and the Concord Grape-Pomegranate. If your tastes range from vanilla to butter pecan... or maybe moose tracks when you really want to cut loose, save yourself a few dollars and go to HyVee. But if you are the slightest bit curious about Srirachi-flavored ice cream, this is the "go to" place. Beware: The flavors change almost daily and you'll have to check their Facebook site to see what's being offered on that day. As for our servers; one was very polite and helpful, one was more disinterested than rude and one seemed downright annoyed about having to do any work.

Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

I like the "old school" ice cream parlor atmosphere, it was nice and quaint. The Guiness flavored ice cream won me over because of its uniqueness. Combined with the coffee crunch and I had a for sure winner. Try it, just cuz. You'll be happy you did.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

Ice cream was very good, but got such a small serving for $6.00+. Seriously? People were standing in long line for the rude service and small portions. I thought it must be worth it, but I can find better things somewhere else.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

After reading the reviews here we thought we would visit Ted and Wally's after being unimpressed by this place in their former Old Market location. I am still not sure what the big deal is. They have limited flavors of ice cream available - maybe 7 flavors - 3 of which are bizzare like Chai ( really , chai ice cream? ) - but really its nothing special. Go to any Cold Stone creamery and get a much better flavored ice cream product and more selection.

As far as value - I ordered a hot fudge sundae - for $5 I got a small scoop of ice cream with fudge and flavorless whipped cream on it. Wow what a value. LOL. Maybe because its in an old gas station people think its so cute? Maybe because the line is out the door and the hipsters working the counter are faster at getting a new piercing in their mouth than getting you your order?

Save yourself some money - go to Hy Vee , get a gallon of Blue Bunny and mash up some candy bars in it .

Been to Ted & Wally's? Share your experiences!