“Stop and taste the pizza!”
Review of Orsi's Pizza - CLOSED

Orsi's Pizza
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed November 9, 2013

This is a must find if you have a taste for great pizza. It's thick crust but has a great sauce with amazing toppings. The crust is incredible. Treat yourself to a slice of Italy in Omaha.

1  Thank TonyRegier

Reviewed October 29, 2013

We were in Omaha for Sunfest and decided that we wanted pizza. After looking on TA and Yelp, we chose Orsi's. We walked in and didn't realize it was to go (at this point, we had already checked out of our hotel). We placed our order and also got some lemon ricotta cookies. The pizza came out and it was simply amazing..very messy to eat in the car, but worth it! The lemon ricotta cookies for dessert were fluffy and wonderful. We'll definitely be coming back next trip to Omaha!

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Just East of 10th Street at 7th and Pacific is Orsis Pizza. It is located in a simple red brick building without flashy signs just a few minutes from Omaha's Old Market. I checked it out because it describes itself as a Italian Bakery and Pizzeria. I am glad I stopped in.

As you walk in a rectangular room you see pictures depicting the restaurant's history. In the back is a deli counter. A college student stood behind it. He greeted me and asked what could he do? I thought we are right on the right track service wise. Told him this is only my 5th week in Omaha and asked what is good? He said everything but it depends what you want. There is meat, cheese, pizza, and bread.

The deli area does have Italian cheeses, olives, and various cold cut type meats. There is also fresh sausage. The sausage was braut style. On the opposite wall was a variety of breads and rolls. The loafs of bread were already pre-sliced.

The Pizza at Orsi's is rectangular not round. You order it as a quarter, half, or square sheet. There boxes attached to a wall to help guide you with regard to size. I chose the quarter sheet which is six sliced. The various options are listed. The college student was as patient as can be. He understood I don't order pizza regularly and needed time.

Twelve to fifteen minutes after I placed my order my pizza was ready. I took the hot cardboard box to my car and peered in. Oh! It was wonderful! I could see this thick layer of melted cheese. The cheese had random brown spots so I could tell the cheese was both thick and given time to melt. There is crust around all four sides. As I drove back home I had to take a bite. What a delight!

First of all it is a thick and chewy crust. You bite into this thick, chewy, and soft crust. The edge of the square was harder. I could taste the flavors of my mushrooms, canadian bacon, and peppers. Lots of tomato sauce. The pizza sauce was really heavy and got my fingers red. The sauce had flavor. This took me back to when I was in Rome by squares of pizza. Very unique taste and different from your chain pizza. It was 10 minute drive home and my pizza was still warm when I arrived. I ate three squares and was full. The quarter sheet could serve two adults or one hungry teen.

I also picked up a loaf of french bread or a baguette. I tore into that as I got in the car. Crusty on the outside and soft in the middle. It was still a bit warm. The bottom of the loaf still had traces of white flour which just added to the originality of the product. As I chewed it I was transported back to my time in Nice, France. The pizza crust is similar to this loaf.

While I waited for my pizza two other people came in. One bought sausage and the other picked up pizza he had pre-ordered. Both were known by the owner and greeted by name. I really felt that I was in a neighborhood place where the customer base was valued.

Hungry for pizza or deli items, stop in and give Orsi a try.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

We ordered a pizza from Orsi's and it was quite good. We did a half pepperoni - half hamburger and it fed 4 adults and 3 kids. The toppings are generous and the crust is thicker than most but not dry. The pizza stayed warm during the drive home so props to the boxes they use. It was a 15 minute drive and we did not have to reheat the pie. We ordered a full sheet which is 24 slices with two toppings for $32.00 Not inexpensive by any means but it did fill everyine in the group. I would eat pizza from Orsi's again.

2  Thank AlexanderDelarge
Reviewed December 14, 2012

I've have quite a lot of pizza in my life. I've had pizza from the chains, pizza from places like this, pizza in the states, pizza in Rome. This here is real Italian pizza.