“The BEST Tex-Mex in the area! LARGE portions & FAST service!”
Review of El Bees 2

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
El Bees 2
Ranked #921 of 1,368 Restaurants in Omaha
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Family owned and operated, El Bee's has been around for decades. The original located in Waterloo, NE was my first taste of their great take on Tex-Mex so I was happy to have one closer, in the Millard area. Conveniently located right off I-80 at the 144th Street "Sapp Brothers" exit, if you are hankering for a LARGE portion and FAST service, stop in! The menu has transitioned a bit over the years, but if you ask, you can get the "original recipe" chili con queso dip. Large portions, good margaritas and excellent, freshly made salsa and flour chips (no they are not "free" but excellent none-the-less). The custom made "taco sauce" is HOT and I love it! The Deluxe Nachos (with meat and beans) can be ordered with Flour chips and it's one of my favorites. The al a carta menu is sufficient for a meal, so don't be afraid to order just a couple items there if you don't want the additional refried beans and rice. The setting is family oriented, not very fancy but always packed and worth the wait. If you are looking to try basically the same menu, head to Fernando's on 114th & Dodge or at 75th & Pacific (renamed to appeal to the "city" crowd). The menu is expanded and called "authentic Sonoran-style" but the signature Tacolada, Burrito Fantastico and Chimichanga are all there too!

There are newer reviews for El Bees 2

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Food is good and comes in large portions but is pricey.
Not a lot of selection on combination meals ( I usually order a chicken enchilada and beef taco a la carte).
Worth a trip.

Reviewed May 26, 2012

Not Mexican, more like Tex-Mex. A local place, for good Mexican it is only a short distance to Omaha or Lincoln.

Reviewed May 4, 2012

My husband and I went to eat here for an early supper on a Friday night recently (we live very close), and we were pleased with the quality of the food. We hadn't been there in over 3 years, because the last time was terrible. The interior could definitely use an over-haul. No frills or fancy lighting here. Keep in mind this is not an authentic Mexican restaurant, but American-ized and covered with yummy, gooey cheese. I had the tacolada, and my husband had the huevos rancheros omelet. Service was fast, entrees were hot and tasty. No real complaints, but they've certainly raised their prices. I was quite surprised to see that they were charging an extra $5 for chips and salsa..even with the chips being freshly made. We didn't wish spend the extra money and order the $5 chips or the $5 dessert. Our bill was right around $30, and that included one soda. We took half of our entrees home and it wasn't very long before we dug in and finished them. Overall, a pretty good experience, even though a little pricey and dingy inside. Good service and good food go a long way!

Been to El Bees 2? Share your experiences!