“My favorite treat - Lamb Stew”
Review of Greek Islands

Greek Islands
Ranked #59 of 1,379 Restaurants in Omaha
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed August 1, 2014

Early dinner with my brother. Had the Tour of Greece for 4 (no fun without leftovers), the always great Gyro platter and the Thursday Special Lamb Stew which is simply fantastic! How such a simple dish can be so enticing amazes me.
The food was all very good, with plenty for leftovers. Our server was pleasant and attentive. Still a favorite Omaha tradition.

1  Thank ebfunk

Reviewed July 22, 2014

Stopped here again for a Hallas beer, lamb dinner ( Sunday night special) with greek potatoes- service was excellent , as was the food - dinner for two ( wife had vegeterian gyro) ran about $40 with drinks and all Omaha taxes -

1  Thank Grover74
Reviewed June 8, 2014

I had the Athenian Salad small I may add and was great. I am a decent size guy and I was challenged eating it all. They also have a large choice but beware it is large. I chose the gyro meat but there are other choices also. The menu is full of choices and a great addition is the for fun is the fried cheese which they do at your table.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

I recently dined at Greek Islands with my family and was wowed. The grilled octopus was great! I also enjoyed the fried calimare. My lamb burger topped with gouda cheese was juicy and very tasty. We enjoyed the attentiveness of our server. The Greek potatoes were overabundant. The atmosphere was friendly and casual. We enjoyed the smells of the dishes which were lit afire.
It was a fun evening!

Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

The Greek Islands used to be a great Greek restaurant. Then it began to slip -- food was not as good, service became a bit slower.

Lately, visits to the Greek Islands have become terrible. The restaurant appears dirty. Service is slow and at times surly. And the food, which used to be great, is now not good at all.

It's sad. The Greek Islands used to be a favorite place of mine to visit when I made a trip to Omaha. After several bad experiences recently, I will not be going back.