“Good Food Good Service”

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 11th and Harney
Description: Passionate about pints. Maniacal for malts. Rock Bottom always has been and always will be about the beer. Every tank we tap represents hours of planning, experimentation, ingenuity and precision by your local Rock Bottom Brewmaster. While we pride ourselves on the remarkably consistent quality of our beers, we're just as dedicated to letting the personality, experience and particular expertise of each Brewmaster shine through. When you hit Rock Bottom, you'll not only enjoy these handcrafted brews and our made-from-scratch food, but you'll feel a connection to the locals and the location that just doesn't happen at many other restaurants. We like to say that life begins when "You've Hit Rock Bottom(R)". Whether you're a local in search of other locals or a visitor in search of local flavor, you'll find them both at your local Rock Bottom. We're ALWAYS laughing, loving, cooking, pouring, living, BREWING.
Lakeland, Florida
“Good Food Good Service”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Two of us dined on a Friday afternoon. Service was great and no wait during lunch rush. I had the blackened fish wrap. It was good but the fish was a bit overcooked. The bloody mary was spot on. Friend had the tortilla chicken soup- it was delicious! Fresh and hot. A few too many tortilla strips for my liking but the overall flavor and presentation of the soup was very good.

The restaurant is always clean and inviting. Nice place to go and relax, watch a game and enjoy a brew. Will definitely stop again.

• Visited April 2014

Fulda
“No brewery on site but everything else is GREAT! Better than Upstream”
Reviewed April 10, 2014

Short version we did the beer sampler and a couple of pizzas at Upstream and then went down to Rock Bottom and did the same. Rock Bottom has better everything.

Long version. The artichoke and crap dip is killer! One of the best I have ever had for sure. For the rest of the meal we just had beer because we had just come from Upstream and were not very hungry but just looking at the plates that went by they have great food here.

The beer sampler came with 6 brews that was the perfect number IMO. They were a pretty standard mix of IPAs, wheats, stouts and all of them good for their class. There really was not a nasty one in the bunch and that says a lot for a person that can't stand IPAs.

Bottom line for me is given a choice between Rock bottom and Upstream, nothing wrong with Upstream but I would go to Rock bottom every time.

• Visited March 2014
Omaha, Nebraska
“Average first visit”
Reviewed April 3, 2014

My fiance and I visited around 2:30 on a Wednesday. There was one other table and two people sitting at the bar. We waited at the host stand for about two minutes before someone came out to seat us. There appeared to be only one server and one manager in the restaurant at this time. I ordered the Cajun Pasta and my fiance ordered the sizzling stuffed peppers. The pasta was quite disappointing, it was very bland, not very spicy, and the chicken breast on it was dry and flavorless. The stuffed peppers on the other hand were full of flavor and very spicy. We both ordered beers as well, the moonlight porter is very good and the Red ale was good as well. The service seemed a little sluggish but not terribly so. The atmosphere and decor was very nice and inviting. I would love to give this place a second chance and try a different dish.

• Visited April 2014
Papillion, Nebraska
“One of the Better Burgers I've Had”
Reviewed April 1, 2014

I’ll admit right from the start that the only reason this place was on my radar was because of the Living Social deal that was on their website. If you have never used Living Social or Groupon, I highly recommend having their daily deals sent directly to your email. This can be done easily by signing up for their site and opting-in to receive emails. Some of the deals are to high class places such as Espana and V. Mertz which are pretty pricy to eat at. These deals can help defray the cost. Living Social tends to have better restaurant deals while Groupon has started to focus on more physical goods such as watches, sunglasses, etc.
Anyway, back to the review. The interior of the building was pretty standard for the Old Market, exposed brick, wood floors, etc. One thing that really was interesting was that the first three mega booths had their own built it taps! They are able to pipe in ice-cold suds right to your table from the in-house beers that they brew on the premise. I didn’t have a chance to sample the beers on this outings so I will update this review on a night that I have time to sample their wares.
The service was pretty good as well that night, granted we had gotten there at 5:30pm before the Friday crowd had rolled in taken over the place. The waitress did a good job explaining many of the items on the menu, highly recommending the classic Mac and Cheese which my wife ended up ordering. I ordered the Tillamook Cheddar Bacon Burger, medium, which most restaurants screw up and overcook. I was very pleasantly surprised that burger was actually cooked correctly and served with plentiful, fresh lettuce, tomato, pickle, and red onion. The pickles were especially awesome so I ordered some extra which I and my girls devoured. The burger was lightly seasoned and very juicy. The burger also came with BBQ Jalapeno Ranch sauce that was very good, but can but overwhelming so I suggest ordering it on the side. Karlie’s Classic Mac and Cheese was extra gooey and had a nice crunch from the Parmesan bread crumbs on top. The sauce was pretty thick but tasted good, but there wasn’t quite enough on the dish.
Overall, Karlie and I were quite impressed with the food and she was already thinking about telling some of our friends to have a night out for our next dinner club.

• Visited February 2014
MIDWEST
“typical brewery grub”
Reviewed March 27, 2014

Trying for a fairly quick meal before a concert at the Holland we stopped here.Good menu and decent food but quite typical for most brewery/restaurants. Ok but nothing out of ordinary to draw you back

• Visited March 2014