“One of the Better Burgers I've Had”
Review of Rock Bottom Brewery - CLOSED

Rock Bottom Brewery
Cuisines: American, Bar, Brew Pub, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 11th and Harney
Description: Passionate about pints. Maniacal for malts. Rock Bottom always has been and always will be about the beer. Every tank we tap represents hours of planning, experimentation, ingenuity and precision by your local Rock Bottom Brewmaster. While we pride ourselves on the remarkably consistent quality of our beers, we're just as dedicated to letting the personality, experience and particular expertise of each Brewmaster shine through. When you hit Rock Bottom, you'll not only enjoy these handcrafted brews and our made-from-scratch food, but you'll feel a connection to the locals and the location that just doesn't happen at many other restaurants. We like to say that life begins when "You've Hit Rock Bottom(R)". Whether you're a local in search of other locals or a visitor in search of local flavor, you'll find them both at your local Rock Bottom. We're ALWAYS laughing, loving, cooking, pouring, living, BREWING.
Papillion, Nebraska
“One of the Better Burgers I've Had”
Reviewed April 1, 2014

I’ll admit right from the start that the only reason this place was on my radar was because of the Living Social deal that was on their website. If you have never used Living Social or Groupon, I highly recommend having their daily deals sent directly to your email. This can be done easily by signing up for their site and opting-in to receive emails. Some of the deals are to high class places such as Espana and V. Mertz which are pretty pricy to eat at. These deals can help defray the cost. Living Social tends to have better restaurant deals while Groupon has started to focus on more physical goods such as watches, sunglasses, etc.
Anyway, back to the review. The interior of the building was pretty standard for the Old Market, exposed brick, wood floors, etc. One thing that really was interesting was that the first three mega booths had their own built it taps! They are able to pipe in ice-cold suds right to your table from the in-house beers that they brew on the premise. I didn’t have a chance to sample the beers on this outings so I will update this review on a night that I have time to sample their wares.
The service was pretty good as well that night, granted we had gotten there at 5:30pm before the Friday crowd had rolled in taken over the place. The waitress did a good job explaining many of the items on the menu, highly recommending the classic Mac and Cheese which my wife ended up ordering. I ordered the Tillamook Cheddar Bacon Burger, medium, which most restaurants screw up and overcook. I was very pleasantly surprised that burger was actually cooked correctly and served with plentiful, fresh lettuce, tomato, pickle, and red onion. The pickles were especially awesome so I ordered some extra which I and my girls devoured. The burger was lightly seasoned and very juicy. The burger also came with BBQ Jalapeno Ranch sauce that was very good, but can but overwhelming so I suggest ordering it on the side. Karlie’s Classic Mac and Cheese was extra gooey and had a nice crunch from the Parmesan bread crumbs on top. The sauce was pretty thick but tasted good, but there wasn’t quite enough on the dish.
Overall, Karlie and I were quite impressed with the food and she was already thinking about telling some of our friends to have a night out for our next dinner club.

MIDWEST
“typical brewery grub”
Reviewed March 27, 2014

Trying for a fairly quick meal before a concert at the Holland we stopped here.Good menu and decent food but quite typical for most brewery/restaurants. Ok but nothing out of ordinary to draw you back

• Visited March 2014
Omaha, NE
“Good Sports Bar”
Reviewed March 17, 2014

My husband and I ate at Rock Bottom on a Saturday night. It was busy, but we were still able to get a table right away. The place was noisy, but I could still hear myself think. The big game was on all the televisions and the sound was on over the speakers. I ordered the Cobb Salad and was pleasantly surprised by the amount of chicken on the salad. All the ingredients were fresh and not greasy. The server did forget to bring my dressing and didn't ask what side I wanted, but otherwise everything came out perfectly. My husband ordered the salmon and was very happy with the taste (he is very pickey when it comes to salmon). The menu items were reasonably priced, but there drinks seemed slightly overpriced. Our waitress seemed overwhelmed and rarley check on us, but then again we didn't need anything from her so it all worked out. I would recommend this place to a couple or groups looking for a place to watch the game while eating more than just wings and onion rings.

• Visited March 2014
Omaha, Nebraska
“"Perfectly Simple"”
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Decided to stop in try something new after a basketball game. Huge disappointment!
The beer was decent, but that was only the pinnacle of the experience.
I ordered the steak and fries. The way it was listed, it sounded really good. I ordered my steak medium-rare. When the steak came out, it looked like minute-steak. It was WELL done and tasted like something I bought at a low end, leftover meat. It was dry as dry gets. The green beans were steamed and that was it. Nothing added. The fries were okay. I never, never leave steak on the plate, but I left nearly half of it. When the waiter asked how the food was, my friend (who wasn't happy with his either) and I told them what was up and he just looked at my steak and said, "Yeah, that's not medium rare." The steak was gray.
He asked if there was anything else we wanted and we said no and he walked away. No apologies, no nothing. We paid our bill and were on our way. Never going back to this place.
After looking at the menu again when I got home, I should have realized it was my fault, it states, "Perfectly Simple".

1 Thank NorskyNE
Glenwood Springs, Colorado
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Service is horrible- food mediocre”
Reviewed February 23, 2014

You should pick another place to eat- this one is not good. The wait staff are like robots and just stare at you when you walk in- then ignore your table. The food is standard pub fare and there is better down the street. If you like the brewery atmosphere- got to the Upstream 2 blocks south- they never let you down like this place.

1 Thank james a