“typical brewery grub”

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 11th and Harney
Description: Passionate about pints. Maniacal for malts. Rock Bottom always has been and always will be about the beer. Every tank we tap represents hours of planning, experimentation, ingenuity and precision by your local Rock Bottom Brewmaster. While we pride ourselves on the remarkably consistent quality of our beers, we're just as dedicated to letting the personality, experience and particular expertise of each Brewmaster shine through. When you hit Rock Bottom, you'll not only enjoy these handcrafted brews and our made-from-scratch food, but you'll feel a connection to the locals and the location that just doesn't happen at many other restaurants. We like to say that life begins when "You've Hit Rock Bottom(R)". Whether you're a local in search of other locals or a visitor in search of local flavor, you'll find them both at your local Rock Bottom. We're ALWAYS laughing, loving, cooking, pouring, living, BREWING.
Reviewed March 27, 2014

Trying for a fairly quick meal before a concert at the Holland we stopped here.Good menu and decent food but quite typical for most brewery/restaurants. Ok but nothing out of ordinary to draw you back

Reviewed March 17, 2014

My husband and I ate at Rock Bottom on a Saturday night. It was busy, but we were still able to get a table right away. The place was noisy, but I could still hear myself think. The big game was on all the televisions and the sound was on over the speakers. I ordered the Cobb Salad and was pleasantly surprised by the amount of chicken on the salad. All the ingredients were fresh and not greasy. The server did forget to bring my dressing and didn't ask what side I wanted, but otherwise everything came out perfectly. My husband ordered the salmon and was very happy with the taste (he is very pickey when it comes to salmon). The menu items were reasonably priced, but there drinks seemed slightly overpriced. Our waitress seemed overwhelmed and rarley check on us, but then again we didn't need anything from her so it all worked out. I would recommend this place to a couple or groups looking for a place to watch the game while eating more than just wings and onion rings.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

Decided to stop in try something new after a basketball game. Huge disappointment!
The beer was decent, but that was only the pinnacle of the experience.
I ordered the steak and fries. The way it was listed, it sounded really good. I ordered my steak medium-rare. When the steak came out, it looked like minute-steak. It was WELL done and tasted like something I bought at a low end, leftover meat. It was dry as dry gets. The green beans were steamed and that was it. Nothing added. The fries were okay. I never, never leave steak on the plate, but I left nearly half of it. When the waiter asked how the food was, my friend (who wasn't happy with his either) and I told them what was up and he just looked at my steak and said, "Yeah, that's not medium rare." The steak was gray.
He asked if there was anything else we wanted and we said no and he walked away. No apologies, no nothing. We paid our bill and were on our way. Never going back to this place.
After looking at the menu again when I got home, I should have realized it was my fault, it states, "Perfectly Simple".

1  Thank NorskyNE
Reviewed February 23, 2014

You should pick another place to eat- this one is not good. The wait staff are like robots and just stare at you when you walk in- then ignore your table. The food is standard pub fare and there is better down the street. If you like the brewery atmosphere- got to the Upstream 2 blocks south- they never let you down like this place.

1  Thank james a
Reviewed February 22, 2014

this place is terrific! my husband and i had lunch there. it is in a really old building in the old market. the server was so friendly and did an excellent job! the food, though, oh my!! it was DELICIOUS!!! the macaroni and cheese is a must-have! you won't regret it!! my husband had the sampler of their crafted beers and enjoyed them. some of the tables have kegs with taps in the middle of the table!! the perfect ending to this delicious meal was their carrot cake!! absolutely the BEST carrot cake EVER - bar none!!! a wonderful experience!! the only minor complaint i would have is that the restaurant can be a tight squeeze when it is busy.