“Great Service”

Spencer's for Steaks and Chops
Reserve with OpenTable
Spencer's for Steaks and Chops is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 1,368 Restaurants in Omaha
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Dodge Street
Description: Thank you for your interest in Spencer's for Steaks and Chops of Omaha! Spencer's offers prime steaks, fresh seafood, pastas, as well as an array of fresh, homemade desserts. Spencer's invites you to experience "Prime" beef pure and simple. Our wine list has just received the "Wine Spectator Award of Excellence" for the fourth year in a row. We are very proud to have been recently voted Diners‘ Choice; “Best Service” “Best Ambiance” , and “Best Overall”. Stop by and see why.
Reviewed August 6, 2014

Sat at a high top in the lounge with three kids on a busy Sunday night. The bartender, Cat, was amazing. She was very attentive with the children and took extra special care to make things the way they wanted things. My friends had just gotten married and I wanted to knock their socks off after a hectic weekend. My friend is a manager at a steakhouse and walked away very impressed with the hospitality as well the meal. The only complaint was that one steak was cook medium instead of medium rare and in a steakhouse of this magnitude it is worth noting, but overall wasn't a real problem considering the high quality service and other great selections. If you dine at Spencer's, you would be foolish not to try one of the many great desserts. The apple pie ala mode left us giggling at the size of the beast. Look forward to this type of service again.

There are newer reviews for Spencer's for Steaks and Chops

Reviewed July 23, 2014

You should have the filet at Spencer's, it was top notch. The wine list was extensive and the staff were very attentive. Well worth the price. Thanks

Reviewed July 19, 2014

We chose to go to Spencers on our road trip as it was rated the number one place for steak in Omaha. We were underwhelmed. The food was good but nothing spectacular that would warrant the price point.

Reviewed July 17, 2014

This was the second time I've dined at Spencer's and it will likely be my last. I spent nearly $700 for a party of 7 people and feel the value was simply not there.

Here are a few of the reasons:

The appetizers were extremely overpriced. We had two orders of the Pork Bellies which were very average and small in quantity. We also ordered the $21 meat and cheese board which was enough for 2 people and unimpressive. The cheeses were quite boring and the meat cuts were no better than something you could find on a #5 Jimmy John's sandwich.

I ordered the beet salad for my salad and it tasted like pickled beets. It was one of the worst beet salads I've had.

For the entree, most of us ordered steak and were surprised how inconsistent they cooked each steak. The steaks came back at very different levels. My medium was as I would have expected but my neighbor's steak which was also ordered as a medium came back medium rare. She had to send it back twice before it was cooked correctly.

The bread provided is extremely bland. It tasted like a baguette no better than your grocery store bakery. Not what I was expecting for a fine restaurant.

Also, we had a less expensive bottle of wine but it came out with a twist top instead of a cork. I don't drink so not a big deal to me but surprising for such a nice restaurant.

For dessert I had a chocolate mousse which was very average.

Overall, not impressed.

1  Thank DenverJDenver
Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

We went for our anniversary via an Open Table reservation. Greeted with a great table and complimentary champagne, as well as acknowledging our special night. The dinner and service were amazing, and we also received a complimentary dessert. Forgot how nice this place was, and would highly recommend for special nights and fabulous Nebraska steaks.