“Wow...that's a steak!”

Spencer's for Steaks and Chops
Reserve with OpenTable
Spencer's for Steaks and Chops is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 1,339 Restaurants in Omaha
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Dodge Street
Description: Thank you for your interest in Spencer's for Steaks and Chops of Omaha! Spencer's offers prime steaks, fresh seafood, pastas, as well as an array of fresh, homemade desserts. Spencer's invites you to experience "Prime" beef pure and simple. Our wine list has just received the "Wine Spectator Award of Excellence" for the fourth year in a row. We are very proud to have been recently voted Diners‘ Choice; “Best Service” “Best Ambiance” , and “Best Overall”. Stop by and see why.
Tomball, Texas, United States
“Wow...that's a steak!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I shared the bone in filet, salad, sauteed mushrooms and lobster bisque...awesome! I can't get the bone away from him :)
Could have been the best steak we've ever hqqad. Then we topped it off with cheesecake. Great meal!

Phoenix, AZ
“Fine Dining in Downtown Omaha”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2014

This is my third time dining at Spencer's for Steaks and Chops, and the fifth for my wife. We discovered it about 4 years ago, partially because of the proximity to the Hilton Omaha (short 3 block walk on 10th Street), but kept coming back, for each trip to Omaha. My wife was so impressed that she has hosted two business dinners there.

First, I seldom expect a great deal from a restaurant in a Hilton (or most other major hotels), though there have been some great exceptions, such as Galvin at Windows in the London Hilton Park Lane. When I first booked, I did not even know that Spencer's was in a Hilton Garden Inn, and perhaps I am glad that I did not, until we arrived for dinner that first time.

As we were back in Omaha, and staying at the Hilton Omaha, I grabbed a reservation at Spencer's on one of our free nights. We arrived early, and were seated promptly. Service began immediately, though was never rushed. at any point.

We started with a couple of glasses of the Wycliff Sparkling Wine (before, unknown by me), as we poured over the menus. I would like to see a broader selection of Champagnes and sparklers in the B-T-G selections, or in half-bottles.

Along with our selections, we ordered a bottle of the Joseph Drouhin, Puligny-Montrachet 2005. While I did recall a lovely wine list from the previous visit, I was a bit surprised to see this wine, and in a 2005 vintage (one of my favorites, though not universally loved by all wine critics). The wine service was impeccable, as was the Riedel stemware.

We chose an eclectic selection of items, such as the Roasted Beef Salad, the Seared Ahi, the Crabcakes (another great Omaha, NE Crabcake! What's up with this?), an 8oz Filet (shared), and then two sides: Truffle Mac & Cheese and Bacon Roasted Brussels Sprouts. We added a glass each of the Ponzi Tavola Pinot Noir and the Klinker Brick Old Vine Zinfandel, from the B-T-G list. One very nice touch was the stemware for those two reds. Even wine-centric restaurants often drop the stemware level way down, when one goes with a B-T-G selection, but not Spencer's, and it was greatly appreciated.

With the exception of the Brussels Sprouts, everything was perfect. The Sprouts were a bit on the tough side, and though tasty (bacon can do that to a veggie), were not up to the standards set by everything else, even the Crabcakes and Ahi. The Filet was probably in my Top-15 All Time Filets (my normal choice of beef), which is saying a lot. I think that we will likely try some Grilled Brussels Sprouts with the same treatment at home.

Though the restaurant was filling up, with even a small dinner in the private dining room, our service was 100% for both the food and the wine.

Though we are not big "steakhouse people," be both believe that Spencer's is about as consistently good, as we normally experience.

We will be returning. Also, when talking with our server, we learned that the same management team has a restaurant near us in Scottsdale. We will also dine there, and hope that it is nearly as good as Spencer's.

1 Thank Bill_Hunt_AZ
Omaha, Nebraska
“Perfect Dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2014

Five of us had a business dinner at Spencer's last night. Our server was terrific, friendly and very helpful. We all had different cuts of steak which were cooked perfectly. Sides were excellent including Morel mushrooms, incredible hash browns, and a killer compound truffle butter for my steak. They have a great wine list, too.

1 Thank Art J
Singapore
“Great juicy steaks”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2014

I visit this steak house annually during the Berkshire Hathaway weekend in early May. Their steaks definitely are some of the juiciest you will have with full flavours locked in. Reason - They use a charbroiled process which reduces cooking time for the steaks and hence allows them to retain their natural juices......You can feel it in every bite !!

The salads and deserts are great as well as is the level of service. I make it a point to stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Hotel where Spencers is located to ensure a great steak is just a lift ride down !!

I enjoy travelling and writing reviews to share my experiences with fellow travellers. Hope you found this review helpful.

1 Thank Frankview
Davenport, Iowa, United States
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2014

This was supposed to be the best place to eat in Omaha. Sure wasn't this weekend. Maybe the chef was off because of the Easter long weekend. Prime Rib sandwich served cold, and the apple pie crust was raw, served with some whipped cream that had turned south.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Steve S

Been to Spencer's for Steaks and Chops? Share your experiences!