“A bit pretentious”

Spencer's for Steaks and Chops
Reserve with OpenTable
Spencer's for Steaks and Chops is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 1,344 Restaurants in Omaha
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Dodge Street
Description: Thank you for your interest in Spencer's for Steaks and Chops of Omaha! Spencer's offers prime steaks, fresh seafood, pastas, as well as an array of fresh, homemade desserts. Spencer's invites you to experience "Prime" beef pure and simple. Our wine list has just received the "Wine Spectator Award of Excellence" for the fourth year in a row. We are very proud to have been recently voted Diners‘ Choice; “Best Service” “Best Ambiance” , and “Best Overall”. Stop by and see why.
Cary
“A bit pretentious”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

The bar is great. The bar menu is great (check out the calmari fries) and they have a happy hour from 4-6 (I think) that is a great value at about $6 per entree.

Dinner is another story. The waiters are pure SALESMEN, trying to push the most expensive wines and foods on the menu, even venturing to making people fee small for ordering more moderately priced items or wines.

Visited February 2013

Ames, IA
“Bust my chops to eat here”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I liked the atmosphere, service, and the food. I ordered a New York Strip steak for about $41, which was juicy and large enough to satisfy my hunger. The fries are very thin, and I prefer steak sized fries. It would also be better if the restaurant offered more than just Tabasco sauce for those of us who like sauces (e.g., Cholula and Red Devil are excellent alternatives). But I would come back again.

Visited February 2013
Bellevue, Nebraska
“Must-Go to Restaurant”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We wanted to try one of the top 10 steak restaurant in Omaha and boy were we extremely happy with our choice. Greeted right away, our waiter went over the menu - as it was our first time there. Wonderful recommendations by our waiter Deon and the GM Jim. You will not be disappointed. The wine was smooth, the steaks were melt in your mouth delicious and the sides were big enough for 4 not 2. Can't go wrong with any of their homemade desserts...the naughty cake was so decadent, but make sure you get it a la mode. Well worth the price we paid! We will definitely come back and will recommend it to everyone we can.

• Visited February 2013
Canton, Georgia
“Excellent Dinner”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We have been to Spencer's before for wine dinners. This was our first time just having dinner with another couple. Our server was outstanding he was very informative. The food was delicious. I had scallops that were the best I have had in a very long time! with sauce that was served with it. My husband had a steak that was cooked to perfection. We were able to enjoy our conversation with our friends without being rushed. Wonderful staff all the way around.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank HHIBeachgirl
Seattle, Washington
“Hotel Restaurant”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Okay meals but for the price I expected better. The steak was a little tough. I don't understand the rave reviews for the Mac n cheese. I couldn't finish it. I was hoping for a lot more from a steak house in Omaha.

• Visited October 2012