“Best steak ever, no question.”

Spencer's for Steaks and Chops
Reserve with OpenTable
Spencer's for Steaks and Chops is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 1,378 Restaurants in Omaha
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Dodge Street
Description: Thank you for your interest in Spencer's for Steaks and Chops of Omaha! Spencer's offers prime steaks, fresh seafood, pastas, as well as an array of fresh, homemade desserts. Spencer's invites you to experience "Prime" beef pure and simple. Our wine list has just received the "Wine Spectator Award of Excellence" for the fourth year in a row. We are very proud to have been recently voted Diners‘ Choice; “Best Service” “Best Ambiance” , and “Best Overall”. Stop by and see why.
Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

Our server, Kat---funny, knowledgeable, passionate about the menu and the wine list--and impeccable service--5 stars right there. This was, hands down, the best steak I have had in 20 years. Prepared to my exact specifications, it was a melt-in-the mouth culinary delight. Truffled mac&cheese is TO DIE FOR. And desserts? Make sure to save room... HELLO Chocoholics, you will be very pleased, go ahead and order both the "naughty" cake and the dark chocolate semifreddo to share--the duality of textures and chocolate bliss will leave you with a "permagrin" for hours afterward. I will be back!

1  Thank Korine F

Reviewed September 28, 2012

Good spot for an early dinner or drink on a budget. From 4-6 they have discount prices on some of the menu items, actually everything is $6, but for a nice steakhouse very reasonable. The regualr menu looked good as well, but I would at least reccomend the early dining for someone who wants a great meal at a good price.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

The restaurant is really nice, service was great, but the food I had wasn't all that great. Maybe I should have just sucked it up and got the steak but I wasn't in the mood. The meatloaf was pretty bad. I pushed it around my plate for most of the dinner.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

We were staying at the adjacent Hilton Garden Inn and after a long day of walking just decided to try here for dinner. Agree with ncftx that the bar menu is great. I also had the pork sliders (3 good size ones) and couldn't eat all of them and the heap of fries. My wife had a chicken wrap and said it was great. Great service and a "cool" atmosphere. Highly recommended despite fairly high menu prices for the main restaurant. A good "special night" place.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

I've been wanting to try this place out for months, but always feel odd walking in to a nice restaurant without my wife. Well, she came out to Omaha, so it was time to hit the nice places.

You hit the door of Spencers, and it just looks nice. Dark wood paneling adorns the walls, and the quiet of the decor speaks of class. Business casual is the dress code (although to our surprise, they were willing to let in a few goofs in t-shirts - ack!), so be sure you wear a nice shirt / polo and slacks and a nice dress / outfit for the ladies.

The bread that is initially served is fresh, hot, and tastes great. Don't load up on it - you'll need the room for the main courses.

We ordered salads to start - I went for the Ceasar, which arrives as a chunk of lettuce, covered with Ceasar dressing, with the anchovies slipped between the leaves - wonderful!

My wife went with the standard house salad, which she thoroughly enjoyed.

We ordered a nice Cabernet - it was two years later than the wine list had indicated, but was still wonderful as a 2009.

For the main course, I ordered up a fillet, while my wife ordered the Eye of Rib Eye (it's like a Rib Eye, without all the fat. Both were ordered Medium Rare, and arrived as ordered. They both were excellent.

For sides, we ordered up two "half" sides - this option isn't on the menu, but if you order the regular sides, you get a LOT of sides - it's family style (think MOUNTAIN of mashed potatos). In our case, we ordered up the half asparagus (4 spears, excellent) and the half Creamy Spinach (not creamed - Spinach in a creme sauce.)

For deserts, I opted for their Warmed Chocolate and Fudge Naughty Cake (wow - was that ever good) and my wife went for the Lemon Creme Brulee, both of which were great.

The service was friendly and very good - there was a server with water who was constantly on the lookout for low glasses, and who did a great job of keeping them full.

Overall, it was a great time. I'll come back the next time the wife is in town.

Reservations are available from Opentable.com.