“Beats Fast Food”
Review of M's Pub

M's Pub
Ranked #5 of 1,395 Restaurants in Omaha
Cuisines: American, Italian, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Description: M's Pub's timeless décor, casual atmosphere and friendly service help make dining truly pleasurable. Our extensive regular menu offers something for everyone, from our often imitated, but never duplicated escargot and scampi, fresh entree salads, homemade soups, sandwiches and burgers, to light entrees from around the world. M's Pub's innovative nightly specials may include poultry, lamb, veal, fresh seafood, pasta or beef and have a long reputation for being on the cutting edge of cuisine.
Reviewed July 22, 2010

M's is an ok choice if you're looking for a lively dining spot in an attractive setting.Kinda like an upscale Friday's.Their pizzas on cracker bread were pretty good.

Reviewed June 25, 2010

After checking the reviews on Trip Advisor I expected a great location, with great food. I expected the prices and was not surprised to see them high, but given the reviews I also expected excellent food and a great atmosphere. These paled in comparison. The location is in the Old Market and is nice for walking to and people watching but the interior is open and bland. Nothing wrong with it, but certainly not the trendy restaurant I was led to believe. The appetizer was ok, grilled shrimp and peppers. Coming from South Carolina, I know all about grilled shrimp, and these were bland at best. The peppers were excellent, but at the price, I consider the dish a failure. For dinner I had the lamb chops. They were cooked correctly which is a major positive given the number of times I have had them done incorrectly. All told, they were good, but not outstanding. My friend had the Beef Tenderloin, and he said it was just ok. These were the two entrees proposed by the waitress so we expected these to be the house specialties, but were sub par for the price. The wine we ordered was a mid priced wine, but failed our tastes. It was a cabernet sauvignon but tasted almost watered down. It was the first time we have left wine unfinished at the table. May not be the restaurant's fault, but I would have been embarrassed to serve it. I have had merlots offered at $10 bottle of wine nights that were better. The service was also lacking. The restaurant was not even near full, but somehow the service was lagging. We had a very long wait to order, in fact our appetizer was nearly finished before we had an opportunity. For being the #1 rated restaurant in Omaha this was not the experience I expected.

1  Thank Kdog5000
Reviewed June 20, 2010

Had a great meal there. Sophisticated casual, suitable for S, Miami or NYC without the attitude and prices. Cool bar, restored old warehouse. Staff attentive, food creative, great enjoyable palce.

Reviewed May 2, 2010

This restaurant is always packed. Great food great drinks, great location. Try the Escargot!

Reviewed April 30, 2010

I have had some good experiences in the past but last time the food was just not good. It wasn't fresh and tasted very ordinary. As well the service was very lacking. Not worth it.

Been to M's Pub? Share your experiences!