“Same great atmosphere, service, and food for over 20 years.”
Review of M's Pub - CLOSED

M's Pub
Cuisines: American, Pub, Italian, Bar, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Drinks, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: M's Pub's timeless décor, casual atmosphere and friendly service help make dining truly pleasurable. Our extensive regular menu offers something for everyone, from our often imitated, but never duplicated escargot and scampi, fresh entree salads, homemade soups, sandwiches and burgers, to light entrees from around the world. M's Pub's innovative nightly specials may include poultry, lamb, veal, fresh seafood, pasta or beef and have a long reputation for being on the cutting edge of cuisine.
USA
“Same great atmosphere, service, and food for over 20 years.”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

I love this place. The food is always wonderful and the service is great. Good place for groups and singles. You can eat alone at the large bar and not feel like a looser because you are alone.

Visited December 2012

Denver, Colorado
“M's Pub: Usually Great! Not this time!”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

M's Pub in Omaha is (was??) my favorite place to go in Omaha, when I am back visiting my family and friends. However, we went to M's Pub Friday December 28, 2012 and the food was disappointing. It is in the Old Market and has a rough decor with a great bar and menu (usually). It is crowded and a reservation is clearly recommended. While I did not like the "You have to have the table available to us in 2 hours" from the person who seated us, our waiter Chad was an absolute delight. He was efficient, full of energy, and was fun. The food on the other hand disappointed. It was over cooked and bland. It was not the M's I know and love when I am in Omaha. The high point of the menu was the lavosh; however, the remaining meal was disappointing. It was either overcooked or did not taste appropriate for the dish. Perhaps M's was having an off night. I will have to think about returning.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank travelcityguy
Lawrence, Kansas
“Excellent, if you can get a table.”
Reviewed December 26, 2012

We love M's food and service. It's a fun and lively place. Usually difficult to get a table (do get a reservation!), but worth it.

Visited December 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
“I'm not feeling the four plus rating”
Reviewed December 17, 2012

We were in Omaha for business and several locals had recommended exploring the Old Market area and dining at M's Pub. Yes, it has atmosphere-it is smack dab in the middle of Old Market and has the industrial decor vibe going. It was crowded, so clearly a lunch favorite. Okay, we didn't order their menu feature, lavosh of all varieties, but we didn't order anything unusual either so we were disappointed with our experience.

We started with Brie en croute. I ask you readers, how can you go wrong with melted brie in puff pastry? Unfortunately, this was not the slam dunk we hoped for...the brie was sort of melted, but by no means warm, and the pastry had that "not baked enough" oily, semi-raw consistency on the interior. We didn't detect a hint of the jalapeno jelly kick. The flavor was bland and when the apple slices are the highlight of the dish, there's a problem.

We retained hope for our turkey reuben. Sigh, lackluster and a grand disappointment. Visualize non-toasted (translated cold) marbled rye, a skimpy portion of turkey, gummy cheese, tasteless sauerkraut and average 1000 island. The menu said the bread came toasted, but at this point, we were hungry and not in the mood to wait for a do over. Our side was roasted red potatoes. Again, okay, but no seasoning, and my one word summary-blah.

Based on the other reviews, I feel like we missed the boat. Maybe we should have ordered lavosh-clearly that is their signature item. But, when a restaurant can't make a decent hot sandwich, that gives me pause. I'm up for giving them another chance, but I would need to have a completely different experience to revise my current opinion.

• Visited December 2012
3 Thank wendy S
Blair, Nebraska
“Roaches climbing up the mirrors...”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

I have to say that we love m's which is why we go back there intermittently but the food has gone down hill and now there are roaches crawling around during dinner. Gonna pass from here on out. Sorry

4 Thank Tracyhne