“Great steak in a noisy place.”
Review of M's Pub - CLOSED

M's Pub
Cuisines: American, Pub, Italian, Bar, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: M's Pub's timeless décor, casual atmosphere and friendly service help make dining truly pleasurable. Our extensive regular menu offers something for everyone, from our often imitated, but never duplicated escargot and scampi, fresh entree salads, homemade soups, sandwiches and burgers, to light entrees from around the world. M's Pub's innovative nightly specials may include poultry, lamb, veal, fresh seafood, pasta or beef and have a long reputation for being on the cutting edge of cuisine.
Montgomery Village, Maryland
“Great steak in a noisy place.”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

My wife and I went specifically for steak and M's Pub didn't disappoint. My grilled ribeye was just as ordered, medium rare and a really great steak. Right up there with the best I've ever tasted. The goat cheese potato mash was excellent and the presentation was very nice. My wife had the grilled tenderloin, and she raved about it.

The wine list is extensive and not unreasonably priced. We had a Newton Claret '08 that was just excellent and went really well with the steak.

When we first arrived the place was crowded and very noisy. My wife and I don't particularly like noisy venues and actually came close to leaving. I know some places like to have it noisy as it connotes a 'happening,' vivacious atmosphere. We had a hard time having a conversation at our table for two. We persevered and after a while it quieted down to a dull roar that was tolerable to our old ears.

Our server was attentive, efficient and had a great knowledge of the menu.

For us the noise was barely tolerable and in the end we were glad we stayed as the steak and food quality was excellent.

• Visited October 2012

“Nice place but skip the steak.”
Reviewed November 1, 2012 via mobile

Very nice place with excellent, attentive service. Great wine list. Menu items are reasonably priced and well presented. I made the mistake of getting the rib eye, a special that evening. Overpriced and average quality. Spinach salad was excellent though. Stick to the regular menu and enjoy the many wines offered.

Omaha, Nebraska
“Best tiramasu in the world”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I've never been much of a tiramasu guy, but this place changed my mind about that. Best....dessert....ever! Not only that, but I love their mushrooms sauteed in butter and covered with cheese. Oooohhh yeah!

Visited May 2012
Denver, Colorado
“Delicious!”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

I was very pleasantly surprised. I thought "pub" ... the food was excellent! I had the Surf & Turf Satay. The tenderloin was perfectly cooked (med-rare) and tender, the shrimp were perfectly cooked. The creme brulee was superb! It certainly wasn't a "pub" inside ......

Visited October 2012
Harrisburg, PA
“Awesome Food and Service”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Asked a local where to go and sent here. What a great place. Old warehouse vibe inside. Very packed for lunch. Server very knowledgeable about the menu and made recommendations when asked. Definitely try the appetizer, l'nosh or something like that. Had the thai one and it was sweet and savory, very good. House special bloody mary was perfect. We had the chef special of the day, smoked pork tacos and man, they were awesome. Im not sure we would have chosen this place if someone didnt recommend but I am sure glad we did. Only downshide was uncomfortable seats and awkward table placement. Otherwise, I wish we had this exact place here in PA. First rate.

• Visited October 2012