“Pricey but so worth it”

Kobe Steakhouse of Japan
Ranked #83 of 1,361 Restaurants in Omaha
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: KOBE is Omaha's original and most authentic Japanese Steak House, first opened in 1990. Skilled Teppanyaki chefs will artfully prepare your complete meal at your Hibachi table to your specifications as they entertain with skills and humor. KOBE is a great atmosphere for celebration of all family events such as birthdays and anniversaries with accommodations for parties from 8 to 40KOBE offers a complete Japanese Teppanyaki dining experience. Your Kobe dinner includes our savory Japanese clear soup, crisp house salad with ginger vinaigrette dressing and a succulent shrimp appetizer and each order is prepared at your Teppanyaki table by your own personal chef with an accompaniment of hibachi vegetables, steamed rice, and hot green tea.
Mount Pleasant, Iowa
“Pricey but so worth it”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

One of our favorites on our vacation. The who experience was great. Fun chef, great food and company. Will definitely return someday!

Visited August 2012

Kaiserslautern, Germany
“Good food... But that's it”
Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

Good food as in yes some elements of the food were high quality while others were lacking. The yummy sushi roll I ordered was excellent and worth it's $9 retail. The shrimp hibatchi consisted of terrible bland mushroom and beef stock soup with a few pieces of floating raw mushrooms that had been placed there right before serving. A tasty salad. A delicious plate of fried veggies and fried rice. And the shrimp, which I found acceptable but even with the sauce provided lacked something. The waiter brought my sushi roll at the same time as my food, which was annoying since I have always received it as an appetizer before. The chefs show was very nice but felt like it would be more appropriate at a child's birthday party. The chef himself was very polite and attentive. And took care of us.

• Visited July 2013
Great Falls, Montana
“Hummm....”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

I feel like I missed something here. I had heard from lots of people how great the KOBE restaurants are. ( We just got one in my home town) BUT, the food was not great by anyone's standard. The steamed rice was my favorite. My steak was very tough but the shrimp was okay. Over all the meal had very little flavor.

The show put on by the young man cooking was loved by my grandsons.

• Visited June 2013
Omaha, Nebraska
“Noisy, oily show”
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Okay, if you are looking for entertainment, you'll get it here. You are seated around flat steel grilling tables and after you order your "chef" (I would say "cook") bustles in and makes a lot of clatter banging metal spatulas on the metal grill (as do all the others cooking at the same time). He skirts oil on it, and plays some fire games -- seriously, sit back -- which (when multiplied by about 8 in the room) causes the restaurant to have a haze of oil-smelling miasma throughout the seating area. If you (or for that matter your neighbors at the table) want to try catching shrimp tossed by the cook into your mouth, I'd recommend wearing clothes you don't mind getting oily. The food was very tasty but seeing it slapped or thrown on your plate somewhat diminishes the appreciation in my book. I also felt we were kind of rushed in and out. No offer of dessert. Never offered the tea that supposedly came with the meal. Don't go here if you are looking for conversation because the way you are seated, sidebyside and the high noise level make it limited.

Visited May 2013
Midwest City
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent!!!”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

The food here at the new location is AMAZING! Yes it can be a little on the expensive side but it's very much worth it! The it can be a fun, family atmosphere or it can be nice, romantic setting as well. I only wish there was one where I live. The alcoholic beverages were good and reasonably priced.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank ADL2003

Been to Kobe Steakhouse of Japan? Share your experiences!