“Bad Service”

Ranked #869 of 1,372 Restaurants in Omaha
Cuisines: Asian, Japanese
Reviewed January 29, 2010

Jan-29-10
My hubbie and I like to try new restaurants. Last Friday we stepped in at 6:00 pm, there was no hostess, so we sat on a table. Two minutes later a lady from the kitchen comes in an says: “on weekends we only go by reservation, so be prepare to wait 1.5 hrs, for your food”. The place wasn’t full, it was like 40-50% its capacity, so I asked why is it going to take so long if there is not a lot of people?? The lady said, “some people call in sick with the flu” and she left!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess they dont want to sell!!!

2  Thank DeeSue

Reviewed July 25, 2008

I can't wait to go back there again. We had a wonderful meal (six of us) and everybody enjoyed what they ordered. Delicious food and an authentic environment (yes, the owners are Japanese).

2  Thank HungryMan64
Reviewed May 3, 2008

What a great place to be. It's like you are in Japan with the little tea rooms and the waitress we had was so funny she had us cracking up all night. The food was great (the egg rolls were fabulous). It was by far the best anniversary dinner we have ever had. It has been family owned for 37 years and I hope they keep going strong for another 37 years!

3  Thank malamutemom
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed March 9, 2008

I need to go back. I haven't been here in awhile. An old favorite

3  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed March 13, 2006

This place is literally the worst restaurant I have been to here in Omaha. My hubby & I tried it once, when we were dating. We sat in the cool room where you have the paper door and take your shoes off. We split the Sukiyaki, and it tasted a little off. Then we both suffered the effects of food poisoning for the next 2 days! My man, who NEVER gets ill, vomited from this! Then we had to go again, a few years later, when my mother-in-law picked the place. We warned her, but no, she had to go. Our party of 6 HATED the entire experience. Service was slow, and my m-i-l's salmon came out almost rare, certainly undercooked. The tempura was done in a fish & chips style batter(my meal). My sister-in-law was sick before we even left the restaurant. With more restaurants per capita than any other city in America, you can find much better food than this! Sushi Japan/Yakinuku Boy(all 1 restaurant), Hiro, Sushi Iciban, and Blue are all much better than this place!

3  Thank Suzanne H

Been to MT Fuji Inn? Share your experiences!