“Unimpressed...”

Cuisines: Asian, Chinese
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Well, we have a PF Chang's in KC and eat there for special occasions. We went for lunch on Saturday and felt a little put out. Wait staff seemed irritated and uninterested. Manager did check on us and asked about our food. Food was good, she didn't ask about our service. She did ask what we were drinking because our glasses were empty. Restaurant was only 1/2 full so they should have had plenty of time to get to us. The food was good, same as KC. But when spending this much for chinese food for lunch the service should really be much better.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

After a tiring drive through wind, rain, and snow, a restaurant near our lodging seemed like an excellent dinner idea. Not feeling one bit adventuresome, we elected to go to P. F. Chang’s, located in the nearby Westroads Mall property adjacent to our AmericInn lodging. We had heard good things about Chang’s, and we were not disappointed.

We normally try to avoid chain restaurants in our travels, but on this evening we made an exception. The menu is extensive and required a greater than normal time for a thorough exam. Neither my companion nor I had much trouble finding multiple items of interest on the menu.

Our initial impression was quite good: the ambiance, the quick greeting by a hostess, and the prompt arrival of our server. We took more time than normal with the menu, and our server was extremely patient and helpful with providing useful advice. Service was very good throughout the dining experience.

We started with egg rolls, followed by soup, and entrée. The meals were more than adequate and no room was left to even consider dessert. Both of us were generally satisfied with our meals. The one moment of disagreement occurred with the “out-of-the ordinary” egg drop soup. I liked it; my companion did not. My companion had the Philip’s Better Lemon Chicken; I went with the Spicy Chicken.

The prices are moderate for such a restaurant and the value perception is high. My only disappointment—a minor point—is that I did not encounter that special, “greatest dish I ever had” experience. My menu sample was limited. I may well find a really terrific dish on my next visit. I’d classify the food as good to very good but not to the point of being truly outstanding.

Chang’s is definitely worth a repeat visit.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

Go early to take advantage of a lunch menu or happy hour. For solo diners, they have intimate tables.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Our friends said it was excellent, and it was. Drinks are high priced for me, but EXCELLENT food and service!

Reviewed January 24, 2013

C'mon, it's Chinese food for crying out loud. lots of competition and lots of places with better prices. Food's good though.