“This is one of our favorites...great food, great people, great location”
Review of Flatiron Cafe

Flatiron Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Flatiron Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #67 of 1,368 Restaurants in Omaha
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Howard St.
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Unique atmosphere start the evening, but a knowledgeable, competant staff makes it. We were sitting next to a mother with 3 daughters that the owner offered to drive to the theater (bad weather) that showed that they haven't forgotten good grace. They did the same thing with our aged parents, several years ago.
Don't miss the shitaake mushrooms, crab and cheese appetizer. The orange glaze duck is one of my favorites (but look out---it's 1/2 a duck), enough for 2. Steaks are always a favorite and their staff helps out with wine selections.
If you are in the middle of town, don't miss it.

1  Thank skiNebraska
There are newer reviews for Flatiron Cafe

Reviewed August 18, 2013

We're told this is a top pick for theater goers. We went to try it out - no theater tickets. Great service with great food. Very good wine list although a little pricey. The atmosphere is a real plus as the surroundings are elegant and the walls are mostly windows. Recommended.

1  Thank spookparanormal
Reviewed July 18, 2013

This restaurant is located close to the Orpheum Theater making it perfect for theater goers. The food is spectacular. Even better, the restaurant is family owned and they will do what they have to. We were running late for our show (our fault) and the owner drove us in her car to the theater to ensure we didn't miss the play. Now that's service!!

1  Thank AFErich127
Reviewed July 1, 2013

My daughter and I were treated to a dinner at this restaurant during the Men's Baseball College World Series (CWS) in Omaha. The location is great and the environment is classy and open with all the glass windows on all sides. Our server was "the best!" Our food was excellent. I will be sure to return to this cafe and to tell my friends about it as well.

1  Thank Kevin F
Reviewed June 5, 2013

I used to eat at the Flatiron on occasion when I lived in Omaha and always enjoyed the food. I was staying next door at the Magnolia Hotel on a recent visit and decided to have dinner at the Flatiron. I have to say, the food was absolutely exceptional. I was dining with relatives and everyone had something different and everyone raved about their food. The trout was outstanding. The steaks looked and smelled heavenly as well. The service was top notch. I can't wait to go back!

1  Thank Donna85718