“Historic Firehouse features Great Beer”

Upstream Brewing Company - Old Market Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Upstream Brewing Company - Old Market Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 1,356 Restaurants in Omaha
Cuisines: American, Brew Pub
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Special occasions, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 11th & Jackson
Transit: Upstream Brewing Company and the Old Market area are easily accessible by Metro Area Transit bus routes 10 and 13 and Express route 95.
Description: Since opening in 1996, Upstream Brewing Company has become well known for its great food, friendly service, terrific beer and casual upscale atmosphere. We feature an extensive menu of new American pub fare including: Omaha's best appetizers and thin-crust pizzas, pub favorites, superb steaks featuring hand cut "Omaha Steaks" beef, fresh fish, pasta dishes, main course salads, hearty sandwiches and, a great children's menu. Our fully stocked bars feature our award winning fresh, handcrafted beers and root beer on tap and, our extensive wine list features over 50 selections. Large parties are welcome and we have multiple options for seating large groups. Named "One of Omaha's Top Ten Restaurants" by the Omaha World Herald, and the winner of dozens of "Best of Omaha" Awards, Upstream Brewing Company is the ideal gathering place for any group. Call ahead for group reservations or to be placed on our waiting list.
Omaha, Nebraska
“Historic Firehouse features Great Beer”
Reviewed January 14, 2014

This always popular Old Market brewery and restaurant is a must see for lovers of craft beer and good times. The atmosphere is frenetic and fun. The food is usually pretty good, although service can be hit and miss. The upstairs outdoor deck and street side patio are perfect in good weather.

• Visited November 2013

Troy, Kansas, United States
“We couldn't believe it!”
Reviewed January 13, 2014

First, it takes a lot for me to complain about bad service, but I felt like this was unreal! A large group of us travel to Omaha every year and love to stop in at Upstream, so this year was no different. We usually are there from lunch until late afternoon eating, drinking, playing pool and watching fb/bb games. The entire group knows this so people come and go through out this time (eat, drink) my point is that they are spending money, not just hanging out taking up space.

Complaints: We went to watch a basketball game and asked if the TV could be turned up and were told “no” ok, no big deal, we will survive. The service was horrid! You had to ask at least 2-4 times for a drink, almost to the point of going to get it yourself. The tables were never cleaned, nor the water glasses filled. Finally, we just started handing the empty glasses, plates, etc to the server and kept hoping he’d remember to bring whatever we had ordered. Everyone is entitled to a bad day, I actually felt sorry for the poor guy because it was almost getting funny how bad his memory was.

Then the icing on the cake……the manager (I’m assuming) comes up and tells us that the area was reserved and we’d have to leave!!!! Ok……so I’m waiting for him to say that they set a table up for us downstairs because surely they couldn’t be so rude as to tell us to …leave? Nope, that was it. No, sorry for the inconvenience, nothing! One person asked if we could move to downstairs and the answer was no. Again, it wasn’t like we weren’t paying customers and throughout this time I’d say that 20-30 people came in/out with our group.

My point of this is that it could have been handled in a more professional manner. Our entire group always enjoys and looks forward to coming to Upstream and spend a lot of money there on the weekend we are in town. I am in hopes that the entire place was just having a bad day, because I can honestly say that I’ve never been asked to leave a restaurant and especially after spending hundreds of dollars there!!!

• Visited January 2014
Salt Lake City, Utah
“The place to be”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

On a cold night I popped into this joint.
It has a great selection of beers and they'll give you a taste before you buy.
I personally enjoyed the raspberry larger.
I also ordered some food including their burger which was very good.
Service was friendly and prices reasonable.
There are also pool tables upstairs if you want some fun.

• Visited January 2014
omaha
“nice place”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

I have eaten here several times and always enjoyed it. We are usually with a group of 6/8 several of whom are beer drinkers and they alwyas are able to find a beer they like. Food is ok, moderately priced for Omaha and it is uaually crowded on thye weekends but most decent Omaha places are.

• Visited December 2013
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Excellent happy hour”
Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

Great happy hour for both beers and apps! The beers were about $2.75 each and the apps were all half off. I had the calamari with banana peppers and the fried pickles.

Visited December 2013