“Glad We Went!”

Upstream Brewing Company - Old Market Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Upstream Brewing Company - Old Market Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 1,366 Restaurants in Omaha
Cuisines: American, Brew Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 11th & Jackson
Transit: Upstream Brewing Company and the Old Market area are easily accessible by Metro Area Transit bus routes 10 and 13 and Express route 95.
Description: Since opening in 1996, Upstream Brewing Company has become well known for its great food, friendly service, terrific beer and casual upscale atmosphere. We feature an extensive menu of new American pub fare including: Omaha's best appetizers and thin-crust pizzas, pub favorites, superb steaks featuring hand cut "Omaha Steaks" beef, fresh fish, pasta dishes, main course salads, hearty sandwiches and, a great children's menu. Our fully stocked bars feature our award winning fresh, handcrafted beers and root beer on tap and, our extensive wine list features over 50 selections. Large parties are welcome and we have multiple options for seating large groups. Named "One of Omaha's Top Ten Restaurants" by the Omaha World Herald, and the winner of dozens of "Best of Omaha" Awards, Upstream Brewing Company is the ideal gathering place for any group. Call ahead for group reservations or to be placed on our waiting list.
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I am from out of town and my sister brought a bunch of us here for dinner before a concert. The place was packed, however we were seated within 10 minutes of walking in. Place was clean and staff was very friendly. Everyone enjoyed their meals which were brought out in a timely manner. Love the Beer selection! Kids enjoyed the Root beer. We came back a couple days later and bought a couple Growlers to take back to Maryland with us. Would definately go back when we are in the area. The Old Market is a cool spot and this place just adds to it!

There are newer reviews for Upstream Brewing Company - Old Market Restaurant

Reviewed August 14, 2013

Yes, I always enjoy the Upstream. I like their beers, their dinners and the bread. Our meals were very nicely presented and perfectly done. I was once again pleased.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

In Omaha on business and went here with a group of about 15. Our waiter Jay was attentive, friendly and efficient. The Rib eye steaks were flavor-free. Luckily they had a blue cheese topping to add some flavor. It was not just me. Three people at our table had them and agreed a lackluster steak at best. Texture was not firm and once again - no flavor. I left half of mine. Never before has that happened.

Those that had fish said it was good - not great. Appetizers average.

The atmosphere was welcoming and of course they do brew beer so many may like that.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

This was the only place we ate in the Old Market, and I have to hope there are better restaurants than this. The food was average at best, and even the beer was only OK. (Although I did like one of their summer seasonals, the kolsh.) Nice patio makes up a bit for the disappointing food.

EducatorOmaha, Owner at Upstream Brewing Company - Old Market Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Dear ALTSwiss: My name is Brian Magee and I am the president and owner of Upstream Brewing Company in Omaha, NE. Thank you for posting a review on Trip Advisor regarding your visit to our restaurant. We generally get very high marks on our TA reviews however very ocassionaly we miss a beat with an improperly cooked meal or a service issue. I would really appreciate any more specific details that you could provide about your experience that disappointed you. And, if you are ever in Omaha again I would like the opportunity to treat you to a complimentary meal.

Thank you.

Brian Magee
President
Upstream Brewing Company

Reviewed August 11, 2013

If you're going to Omaha, a visit to Old Town is a must. We had heard good things about Upstream so we thought we'd give it a try. We were a party of 4 (2 adults, 2 kids ages 7 and 4) going on a Saturday night so we knew to get there early. My kids will only stay patient for so long. We got there about 5 (after leaving the Children's Museum...another MUST if you have young children) and were seating immediately. Our waiter was very kind and made sure the kids had everything they needed. They had separate menus for the kids with crayons to color the menu. This may not be a big deal for some, but it's nice for the kids to have something to do rather than stabbing each other with the forks.
I had the raspberry glazed chicken. YUM. I took the recommended coupling with the raspberry beer. Double yum. It was really good. My husband had the salmon. It was perfectly cooked and seasoned. The kids had a hamburger and mac & cheese.
Because it's a brewery, the beers are made right there. They have several to choose from. If you're not sure, they do offer a sample of any beer before you order a large glass. They also brew their own root beer, which was a favorite with the kids. The kids get a root beer float for dessert with their meal too. That was a nice bonus.
Even when we left about 6pm, the restaurant wasn't super packed. They were busy but still had a few empty tables.
We really enjoyed our meal at Upstream. It's worth a try!