“Omaha's Little Italy....”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Minden, Iowa
“Omaha's Little Italy....”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

My mother-in-law turned 81 a few days ago and when asked what she wanted for her "birthday dinner" much to our surprise, she said veal parmigiana. (She normally orders grilled chicken when we are eating at a restaurant, so this was a very pleasant surprise!) My husband did not want to go to a "chain", but rather to a family owned restaurant. Lo Sole Mio definitely fits the bill.

The staff is very friendly, the food delicious and the atmosphere lends itself to all occasions, family, friends or a romantic dinner for two. The portions are HUGE. The veal parmigiana was reported to be "excellent". I had the chicken parmigiana and it was also huge, along with a mountain of spaghetti that comes with it. I ate half and had a huge portion left over for another night's supper. My husband ordered Maria's Best, which is a combination platter of chicken parmigiana, fettuccine alfredo and lasagna. He enjoyed all of them and needless to say, he also had enough left over for at least one meal, and perhaps two.

Lo Sole Mio was opened by the Losole family in 1992 and is a long-standing favorite among many in the Council Bluffs/Omaha metro area. They also have a very nice, large party room across the street if you are looking for accommodations for a big gathering or perhaps a Christmas office party.

I would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone that enjoys Italian food!

• Visited November 2012

Omaha, Nebraska
“Best Italian Restaurant in Omaha”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Atmosphere, food, service...what else can I say? This is my wife and I's favorite restaurant in Omaha. Very romantic setting and excellent service make this a great place to enjoy a dinner-for-two. The bruschetta is to die for, and I absolutely love their manicotti. If you like Italian, then you'll love Lo Sole Mio's.

Visited August 2012
Omaha
“Onions on my salad”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I used to go into Lo Sole Mio's all the time and used to refer people who came into my business down the street who were looking for a good meal. This changed a while back. While in for lunch, I asked for extra onion for my salad. For the first time, the waiter said they didn't put onions on salads. I said that they had to have some onions in the back and to just throw some on it. When I got my salad, there were 2 small rings of onion on it. When I finished and got my bill, they had charged me $2 for "salad onions". When I complained, they graciously took $1 off my bill. When I balked at that, they said too bad. Needless to say, I won't be returning and won't be referring any of my customers to this place anymore.

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank Jags12us
Lincoln, Nebraska
“Great food and low prices”
Reviewed October 13, 2012

there is no reason to go to a large national chain restrauant when there are places like this local place. We drove up from Lincoln for lunch and we know have a new favorite Omaha Restaurant. The servings are huge and the prices are low. The food exceed our expections along with the great service and decor. I can usually rate a place by how clean the restrooms are and this one gets an A. Overall a great experence and we will be back!!!

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank jantraveler9
Omaha, Nebraska
“Huge portions”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

They place is a big hit in a town that loves to go out and eat. The food is delicious, the portions are gut busting and the ambience is charming. Run by a local family of Italian heritage I imagine that the recipes are inspired by food lovingly prepared by someone's grandma. Yum.

Visited April 2012

Been to Lo Sole Mio Ristorante? Share your experiences!