“Great steak”

Gorat's Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
Gorat's Steak House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #99 of 1,523 Restaurants in Omaha
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: S. 50th St
Description: Gorat's Steak House has been an Omaha tradition for more than 69 years. Founded in 1944 by Louis and Nettie Gorat, and subsequently operated by their son, Louis, Jr. - affectionately known as “Pal” - and his family, Gorat’s has catered to generations of Omaha families and visitors alike, proudly serving quality steaks, Italian specialties and other local favorites. Omaha restaurateur purchased Gorat’s in the fall of 2012 and after an updating of the interior and kitchen, reopened in December of 2012. The menu continues the tradition of local Italian steak house fare with the addition of new favorites such as signature entrees, tantalizing salads and freshly prepared pastas. A frequent stop of the “Wizard of Wall Street” Warren Buffett, Gorat’s has hosted celebrities and dignitaries from around the world. Whether you are a new visitor or someone whose family has previously enjoyed the Gorat’s Steak House tradition, we welcome you and wish you buon appetito!
Reviewed October 3, 2018 via mobile

We had a wonderful meal on our trip through Omaha. We would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a great steak in a family friendly atmosphere. The filet was extremely tender and flavorful and it was served with no unnecessary frills. Just great straightforward steak!!

Reviewed October 2, 2018

When in Rome.... Waitress recommended the 22 oz T-Bone, and she was right! Delicious. My traveling partner had never had chicken livers, so I ordered the "small" plate as an appetizer. They were out-of-this-world, and three adults didn't finish them all (partly because we didn't want to ruin our appetite for the steaks). I could have ordered them as a meal, but I'm glad I didn't.
We also had our picture taken with (a) Warren Buffet (cutout), but I'm sure many who come by do. I'm told he visits this steak house on occasion, but we didn't see him on a Thursday night.
For a great steak, the price was worth it. I don't get to eat this way often.

Reviewed September 26, 2018

The prime rib was superb (one of us ordered medium rare, the other medium well -- they got both of them just right). Good choice of sides, and each was tasty. The waitress was efficient, but impersonal and not welcoming. Only a few tables were occupied (maybe it was an off night). Apart from excellent food, the overall experience wasn't exactly satisfying.

Reviewed September 4, 2018

Looking for a steak house in Omaha, Well you have plenty to choose from. Rolled the dice. Had the prime rib and was good. Onion rings were great too. My friend had the Whiskey steak and that was average. Service was good. Wish they had a NO hat policy. Love seeing people celebrate Anniversary's and birthdays but a couple of Yahoo's with no respect and manners have to where there frecklin Ball cap. So disrespectful. The lounge act was so bad it was good. Just go the bar next time.

Gorats, Manager at Gorat's Steak House, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2018

Thank you for coming in. I’m sorry that certain parts of your visit didn’t meet your expectations. I know just what you mean about people wearing hats. My grandma is constantly bringing that up. I would appreciate if you could let me know which musical act was playing or what night you were in. We are always looking to improve our entertainment. Rather than posting that information you can reach me at gorats@hotmail.com. Thanks.

Reviewed August 31, 2018

As title states, service was friendly with a diverse crowd of patrons. Apps were good- shrimp/scallops & had the homemade tots. Veal dish good, my cut of Whiskey ribeye was not- overdone & tough- ribeye should be succulent . Actually not good at all, especially with previous reviews saying it was good. From KC wanted to try a local old school icon, steak entree didn’t pass the test sorry.

Gorats, Owner at Gorat's Steak House, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry that your steak didn't meet either of our expectations. I certainly wished that you had alerted your server so that we might have had the opportunity to correct the situation. On occasion a steak can be mis-cooked or perhaps just a less than a desirable cut. It happens with natural products. As you mentioned previous reviews about the rib eye were positive. I hope that the next time you are in town you will give us another chance.

Been to Gorat's Steak House? Share your experiences!