“Very good”

Thai Spice
Ranked #619 of 1,379 Restaurants in Omaha
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed August 12, 2014

Standard Thai offerings, get to choose spice level and they actually cook it that way! Green curry and drunken noodles, both very good, inexpensive, and prepared in 5 minutes. Friendly owner and chef.

1  Thank HankF99

Reviewed April 20, 2014

Thai Spice is my favorite Thai restaurant in town. It is great portion sizes. Unlike other Thai places, they do not skimp out on the sauces. Some barely give you enough to cover the rice. This one has enough to drown your rice and really bring out the flavors. Very affordable and always super fast. They do close at 2 PM promptly and will not serve after. Right at noon can be busy for the lunch crowd and they are a small place. Many vegetarian options. Soups are amazing and complex flavors. They give you a range of spice level, which is good for my Nebraska palate. Their green curry is one of my favorite dishes in town.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

We did not eat in the restaurant, but ordered take-out to eat while watching a football game. We live less than 10 minutes away from Pepperwood Village and arrived prior to the food being ready.

We ordered four items: Red Curry with Beef, Yellow Curry with Chicken, Pad Thai, and Spring Rolls.

The curry sauce in both dishes was excellent -- great flavor. The beef and chicken were way overcooked though. We were disappointed in the amount of white rice provided. It felt that it was only enough for one dish vs. two. Usually restaurants over do it on rice - not this time. We ended up making some of our own to compensate.

The Pad Thai was very disappointing. Noodles were overcooked. Not much sauce which meant not much flavor. After a couple bites, it was discarded in the trash.

Spring rolls were also overcooked. Insides were a mushy mess -- the veggies were indistinguishable.

Overcooking -- seems to be a theme here, or at least the day we ordered. Too many other good choices in West Omaha for a return visit from us.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

I've been looking for a really good authentic thai place ever since I moved back to Omaha from NYC and was referred by someone at work about Thai Spice. Looked at their menu online and they had a very extensive menu, pictures looked great and they had my favorites so had dinner. Service was very nice and asked if I had any questions. I already knew what I wanted after studying the menu online, ordered the thai spring rolls, coconut chicken soup and pineapple fried rice. The spring rolls came quickly, hot and good flavor with a nice dipping sauce. Soup came next, I noticed it had quarter sections on tomato in it which I found interesting, had never had tomato in that type of soup before and while interesting it was more like a tomato soup, could not taste any coconut, ginger or lime, just tomato. The pineapple fried rice looked very impressive, a very generous portion on a hollowed out pineapple half so the pineapple was very fresh. It had alot more veggies than chicken or shrimp (only 4 shrimp in the whole entree) and whatever type of oil they fried it in left it slightly greasy and not much other flavor than onion. I had my food prepared mild and noticed from others dining there the spicy level just means they add more red pepper flakes to it.

I am disappointed I was disappointed because it looked so promising, but for the price I paid for dinner ($24 before tip) I was expecting it to be better and more authentic. I will give it another try, almost everyone who dined after me kept ordering a dish called Southern Chicken (my friend who recommended told me to try it as well) and I will try that next time. Overall it's a nice small place with a great staff but I'll probably keep searching.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

There are fancier dinner places, but you won't beat this food. When compared to other Thai restaurants I always say: 1) the food here is better, 2) Dishes cost a buck less than other lunch Thai, and 3) comes with an egg-roll and a vegie-roll so you save $$$ on appetizers. Can't be beat. I like HOT food, so I used to order a "9" figuring they may try to hurt you if you say "10", but I now do the "10" and its great!.

1  Thank George B

Been to Thai Spice? Share your experiences!