“food”

China Buffet
Ranked #470 of 1,372 Restaurants in Omaha
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed February 24, 2013

We picked this place because we wanted a place we would not have to wait on a Friday night because we had our little Granddaughter with us. My first trip to the buffet was dissapointing, my food was just luke warm and the salad bar was just iceberg lettuce. I did enjoy the Mongolian grill part where you put together a bowl with sauce and they cook it up for you. This is what redeemed them from being a poor review to an average one! It would have been nice in this day that they would have had brown rice instead of just white and fried rice.

Reviewed May 7, 2012

I like to go there for the Mangolian grill. The sushi is good too. However, I don't like their salad bar nor thd desert. Kids eat free on Tuesdays.

Reviewed February 16, 2012

I found it leaned toward a description of dirty, unkept, and not updated. I was overrated I believe, because I think the public forgives too many things for the sake of being able to eat all they can. I DID NOT get a plate of anything. The smell and lack of cleanliness left me with out an appetite I politely chatted and waited while they others ate.

Reviewed July 28, 2011

Used to be one our favorite restaurants. Foods always hot and fresh. We use to visit there several times per month. On this particular day in November my boyfriend and I were standing at the raw food buffet bar preparing our bowls before they go on the mongolian grill when a small roach pranced across the counter. I'm not one to complain so we just got the check and left. Now after the fact I felt we should have contacted management.

Reviewed April 6, 2011

The buffet is smaller than it once was, but it is still OK. My main issue is the lack of attention to detail with the food/buffet. About 20-25% of the offerings were not labeled. So many of the food appeared similar, that some labeling would definitely helped. The other area lacking attention to detail was the fruit. While it was fresh and flavorful, there was an awful lot of rind that had not been trimmed. Our waitress was amazingly attentive, and very nice. Definitely worth the price, but not as good as it was a few years ago. I had a difficult time deciding between the 3 and 4 star rating.