“Nice atmosphere...OK food”

V. Mertz Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
V. Mertz Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 1,361 Restaurants in Omaha
Cross street: 11th Street
omaha
“Nice atmosphere...OK food”
Reviewed April 23, 2014

We went because of a Groupon. Great atmosphere and wonderful service along with a terrific wine list, although they only had one bottle of the moderate priced one. Waitress knowledgeable about what was actually in the complicated entrees. Too much salt in the pork loin and veggies overcooked. All in all medoicre. Go across street to M's pub.

• Visited April 2014

Encinitas, California
“Expensive”
Reviewed April 16, 2014

I wouldnt say this place is completely worth the value, however its a very nice little place with a great variety of food. I had a chocolate truffle pasta which was really unique.

Its a good place to go for special occasions.

Visited March 2014
New York City, New York
“Great food!”
Reviewed March 23, 2014

I loved my dinner at V. Mertz. The service was great. The atmosphere perfect for a steakhouse. As Omaha is known for its steaks, I had high expectations, and V. Mertz did not disappoint. Great place!

Visited May 2013
Columbus NE
“The complete package!”
Reviewed February 25, 2014

We recently dined at V Mertz after an afternoon at the theater. We were greeted immediately upon entering the restaurant, our coats were taken and then we were seated. It was a matter of seconds and our server for the evening greeted us and provided us with a cocktail and wine menu. My wife opened with a cocktail and I had a glass of wine, both of which were excellent. We later had wine perfectly paired with our entrees. We had 5 full courses during our meal and each plate was absolutely delicious. Some were on recommendation from our server and we were not disappointed. My wife enjoyed a Scallop ravioli and I had the signature peppercorn steak for our entrees and we would have both again! Overall, our dining experience was outstanding. We have dined at many "5-star" restaurants over the years and this has to rank very high on our list. We will return again. Plan on spending some time and money when you go which, in my opinion, was well worth both. Be sure to make a reservation.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Rich94
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
“Charming location”
Reviewed January 17, 2014 via mobile

We started with the scallop appetizer on polenta. Three small seared scallops on a delightful bed of polenta. Never mind the small scallops, it was the polenta that stole the show! Following, I had the organic field greens salad with goat cheese, candied nuts, and cherries. Other than the pecan shell in the salad, there was nothing to talk about. A perfectly average 14.00 salad. The amuse buche was excellent! A chickpea cake with tomato relish - yum. I had the pork tenderloin over amber waves of grain as recommended by the waitress. The pork was well done. Not as in done well as in over cooked and dry. The amber waves of grain were beyond al dente. The were crack your tooth hard. My husband ordered lamb chops and loved them! They were served on cous cous with grapes. The cous cous was great. I had called ahead to ask to have a birthday message written on the dessert place. They gave us the chef made dessert sampler with a candle but failed to write a birthday message on our actual dessert plate.

For $150.00, I would hope that dinner would be more consistent. As it was, this was a dinner of true highs and true lows.

Visited January 2014