“VERY child friendly --- reminds me of days gone by .....”

Malara's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #146 of 1,351 Restaurants in Omaha
Cuisines: Italian
Naples, Florida
“VERY child friendly --- reminds me of days gone by .....”
Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

Let me put it this way..... We all had a delicious meal. BUT..... Ahead of us was a family very underdressed ( with an infant and little ones) , of 8. We were unable to make reservations since there were only 4 but the group ahead of us was seated but were told reservations would have been helpful.
The menu was geared toward large families.we ordered half entrees and that was more then enough ( awesome!).
The neigborhood it is located was a little skanky but we made it out in the dark with no problem. The restaurant was a surprise in its decorations!! Nice!
All I can say was we did have a good experience ( our waitress was a sweet lady but rather loud).... A classic of a small town neighborhood experience of classic Italian food!

Dana Point, California
“Read all the reviews before you try this place.”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

OK I read all the good reviews and cannot for the life of me figure out what these people are talking about. I am not a restaurant snob by any means but my wife and I could not even eat our dinner. Her comment was Ragu but I thought it was more like Spagettios. Suffice it to say I will do more research before our next adventure. Cute old place and the service was good but yuck.

• Visited October 2012
“Step back in time!”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

This restaurant has been around for years! The noodles were homemade and the sauce was delicious. I would steer you away from the "cheese bread" (nothing fancy at all) but the homemade rolls were amazing. Relatively inexpensive and good wine selection!

• Visited September 2012
Bellevue, Nebraska
“THE BEST THERE IS!!!!”
Reviewed August 16, 2012

Been there many times for lunch and dinner. Always excellent food and even more excellent service...A first time for many friends and relatives has always brought high praise. The spaghetti is the best I and everyone I've taken there has the same opinion.. Lisa always makes the dining experience much more delightful!!! Thank You!!!!

• Visited August 2012
Bellevue, Nebraska
“Homecooked Italian; hidden gem”
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Malara's is one of those little out of the way restaurants in a neighborhood where you would probably not find it unless you knew where you were going...But I am so glad I was introduced to them long ago. Best Toasted Ravioli and Eggplant Parmigian I have ever had, their sauce is fresh and flavorful, the service is always excellent, and the atmosphere is retro Italian in the style of Dean Martin & Frank Sinatra...All of that and good prices make Malara's a hidden gem worth mining for yourself!

Visited July 2012