“Lunch with Mom”

Dining options: Reservations
Lincoln, Nebraska
“Lunch with Mom”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Stopped in for lunch. Very European atmosphere, with table very close to one another. Your able to see the sausages and meats curing in the cure room. Server #1 according to the receipt, needs some training on table service. We felt like she didn't want to be there. I ordered a beer, and before my Mom or wife could order server #1 walked away. When the beer arrived, Mom and wife were finally able to order drinks. The food menu is short but a wide variety of meats and cheeses along with salads. One of the meats we ordered was not available and a substitute was placed on the plate without being asked what we would like in exchange. Well my wife has a beef allergy and guess what was placed on our plate. Beef. This is just one example of what we feel was poor service, hence the low rating. The meats and cheeses were presented well and had some very nice accompaniments. Prices were alittle on the high side for what was on the plate. We may return to give the FB another try, with the hope of giving a better rating.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank trooper198

Florence, Italy
“Excellent service, excellent food.”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

LOVED the decor the moment I walked in. Understated elegance. I was greeted immediately (with a smile) and although I had not made reservations for 6, they prepared a table without a fuss. Menu is short and sweet, prices are fair. Service is great. We had a wonderful time and everything we ordered was cooked and served as it should be. I had the sausage with olive oil mashed potatoes and leeks. Perfect. Sausage was tender and flavorful, not greasy. My friends ordered ploughman sandwich (fresh, brilliant) and pork belly sandwich (savory and tender) and pork pie (yum). We ordered various wines- all good. I really enjoyed the atmosphere, too. NOTE: after having visited the 2 other French restaurants in town (and not being impressed with either of them) the French Bulldog was refreshing.

• Visited May 2013
Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
“Eat at the bar-do the show!”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Ok, this place is all about preparation of your dish and presentation. They have really good drinks and a limited dinner menu. We sat at the bar and thoroughly enjoyed having a plate of cheeses and meats while sipping out drinks. Service was very good, drinks were tasty, and we enjoyed fumbling around the plate of unknown items. We probably could have made a meal of this but had it in our minds to have dinner, which was light following the 5 item sampler. It was a bit quirky but that is one of the things that appeal to us. Try it for a snack and drink. If you're serious about a meal you might need to move on.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Bob K
Minnesota
“La France de Nebraska”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

The FB is a charming bistro not far from the university. They focus on locslly produced, continental style charcuterie, and they do it well. Excellent sausages, meats, and cheese, with well matched condiments and very respectable baguette. The prices were very reasonable and the service, though a bit chirpy, was good. I would gladly return.

“Relaxing way to spend a Monday evanimg.”
Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

Such a cool place in the heart of Dundee. Not pretentious. Server friendly but not pushy. Wine selection was perfect. Both me and my date found the atmosphere very mellow on this cold Nebraska night.