“Very good food!”

Railcar Modern American Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Railcar Modern American Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #101 of 1,390 Restaurants in Omaha
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Had to check out "Railcar Modern American Kitchen".
Unusual name for a restaurant and was not sure what to expect at all.
The staff was very friendly.
Our waiter -an older guy- reminded me somehow of a british servant.
The Chef/owner came out to greet us also, which was a very nice touch.
The menue looked good. Something for almost everyone on the menue (maybe not for little kids - unless they have a diff. menue for them)
I ordered the "simple fish" dish and it was so very delicious. Haven't had such good fish in a long time. The sauce was to die for! :-)
My husband had the prime rib which he loved and our teenager had the salmon which was really good.
It was all very tasty, nicely seasoned and cooked to perfection.

The restaurant decoration / ambiente is so la la...It looked a little barren, almost cold to me. I expected a little more Railcar decorations just because of the restaurant's name "Railcar"
It is pretty plain looking, not fancy or anything. The lighting could be way better in my opinion also over the tables.
I think with this kind of delicious fancy food they should step up the decorations maybe a little and even add table cloths and this place would really take off. It would make it more cozy while eating their delicious tasty food.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

I was in Omaha over Christmas to visit family and I stopped into this restaurant with my wife and son. Menu had plenty of options and the food was delicious! Too bad I do not live in the area as this would be a regular place to dine.