“Wonderful dining experience”

Black Oak Grill - Midtown Crossing
Ranked #108 of 1,344 Restaurants in Omaha
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Scenic view, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Ranking Top 10 in Nebraska's Best Burger for two years, Black Oak Grill celebrates the great American tradition with comfort cuisine food. With quality steaks from local Wohlner's Grocery, juicy burgers and gourmet sandwiches, Black Oak Grill finds its roots in a broad range of urban grills, neighborhood cafes, boulevard bistros and corner taverns. Stop in for Sunday Brunch. Enjoy a wide selection of local craft beers and great Happy Hour specials. In warmer weather, enjoy the dog-friendly patio with gorgeous views of Turner Park. Not sure what to order? General Manager Mike Cizek recommends starting out with Spinach & 5 Cheese Dip or Fried Goat Cheese. For lunch, enjoy 20 delicious dishes for under $10, like slow-roasted Baby Back Ribs or the Black Oak Salad. At dinner, savor an incredibly tender Ribeye Steak, bacon and fried egg Husker Burger, Smoked Chicken & Avocado Club, or Iron Skillet Trout. Finish off the experience with a chocolate ganache-filled Kahlua Ding Dong. On Sundays, stop in for brunch, with cinnamon-vanilla French Toast, Biscuits & Gravy, and amazing omelets. Plan a party with Pulled Pork Sliders, mini Clubhouse sandwiches and more. We can accommodate parties of up to 75. Or reserve the whole restaurant.
Wahoo, Nebraska
“Wonderful dining experience”
Reviewed February 15, 2014

I had the mushroom and Gruyere stuffed pork chop, and it tasted fantastic. The wife had the Chicken fried chicken, and she loved it! Great wine list, and the menu had suggested pairings.

Visited February 2014
Mike C, General Manager at Black Oak Grill - Midtown Crossing, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Glad you enjoyed! Thanks for leaving this review, and see you again soon!

California
“great steak and mashed potatoes”
Reviewed February 8, 2014

Took 2 Creighton students here during a recent visit, and it is a nice, middle of the road restaurant. Best value was a steak and mashed potatoes for $14.99, the steak was a perfect size,about the palm of your hand and delicious. The onion ring appetizers were great, the spinach dip was dull and boring, served with store bought tortilla chips when it needed some sourdough bread to class it up.The waiter needed a personality transplant but I wasn't there to be entertained, just needed good ambiance and a comfy booth with good food so it fit the bill.
when you're done, go to Wolner's Grocery in the same area, and pick up some bags of Baker's chocolates ($2.99 for 4 oz) they are made in Nebraska and I brought them back to my coworkers and they were a hit!

Visited February 2014
Mike C, General Manager at Black Oak Grill - Midtown Crossing, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Thanks visiting and leaving this review. I hope we see you again the next time you're in Omaha. If you'd like to discuss your experience before your next visit, please give me (Mike, general manager) a call at 402-341-0622.
Omaha, NE
“Nice atmosphere, good food and service”
Reviewed January 31, 2014

My wife and I visited the restaurant with another couple and we tried both their chicken fried chicken and CH flat iron steak, plus their meatloaf. Very nice spicy sauce on the meat loaf. All were very good dishes with that good old American "comfort" food feeling. The beers were cold and delicious but much like their other bar menu items a bit overpriced. The service not as attentive as I had hoped for, but not bad. For example our water glasses would not have been refilled had we not asked for it...twice! Other than this minor, perhaps, training issue, everything else was good. We'd go back for seconds!

• Visited January 2014
Thanks for visiting and leaving this review. I'm glad you enjoyed. if you'd like to discuss the service you received before your next visit, please give me (Mike, general manager) a call at 402-341-0622.
“Excellent taste, diverse menu”
Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the nearby Element Hotel and drove around on a Saturday night in the Old Market trying to find parking. Dejected, we returned to the hotel and struck out on foot. We walked past the Grill and decided to give it a shot. It looked a bit more up-town from the outside than the menu revealed. It actually has very reasonable prices and a wide selection...from $7 sandwiches to $22 steak. No pressure to order high on the menu. Great service. We got a couple sandwiches and salad. Excellent bread on the sandwiches. My salad was potentially the best salad I have ever had, and I enjoy unique salads---spinach/chicken/cranberry salad with a warm bacon dressing and goat cheese crumbles. We left very satisfied. A warm place to spend a chilly evening in Omaha without the hassle of the Old Market parking.

Visited January 2014
Mike C, General Manager at Black Oak Grill - Midtown Crossing, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
I'm glad you enjoyed. Smoked Chicken & Spinach Salad is a favorite among our guests! Thanks for leaving this nice review. I'll hope we'll see you again soon.
Omaha, Nebraska
“midtown crossing”
Reviewed December 23, 2013

Went for dinner there as we were at the Element for a special ocassion. there were only 4 or 5 other people in the restaurant at 7 pm on a week night.
My husbands salad came with the wrong dressing. Instead of bringing a new salad, the waiter brought out the vinegar and oil to put on top of the original dressing.
My salmon was delicious. My husbands steak was also excellent. Upon getting the bill we saw that the house wine pinot must not have been house wine as it was $13.00 a glass.
We did not address it with the waiter.

• Visited December 2013
Mike C, General Manager at Black Oak Grill - Midtown Crossing, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
Thank you for visiting and leaving this review. I'm glad you enjoyed your entrees! I apologize for the dressing mix up -- you should have received a new salad. The Belle Gloss Meiomi Pinot Noir that you enjoyed is our only pinot and listed as $12.99/glass on the menu. I'd love to talk more with you, so please call me (Mike, general manager) with any other questions: 402-341-0622. Thanks, again, for stopping by!