“Excellent taste, diverse menu”

Black Oak Grill - Midtown Crossing
Ranked #131 of 1,339 Restaurants in Omaha
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene, Large groups, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Ranking Top 10 in Nebraska's Best Burger for two years, Black Oak Grill celebrates the great American tradition with comfort cuisine food. With quality steaks from local Wohlner's Grocery, juicy burgers and gourmet sandwiches, Black Oak Grill finds its roots in a broad range of urban grills, neighborhood cafes, boulevard bistros and corner taverns. Stop in for Sunday Brunch. Enjoy a wide selection of local craft beers and great Happy Hour specials. In warmer weather, enjoy the dog-friendly patio with gorgeous views of Turner Park. Not sure what to order? General Manager Mike Cizek recommends starting out with Spinach & 5 Cheese Dip or Fried Goat Cheese. For lunch, enjoy 20 delicious dishes for under $10, like slow-roasted Baby Back Ribs or the Black Oak Salad. At dinner, savor an incredibly tender Ribeye Steak, bacon and fried egg Husker Burger, Smoked Chicken & Avocado Club, or Iron Skillet Trout. Finish off the experience with a chocolate ganache-filled Kahlua Ding Dong. On Sundays, stop in for brunch, with cinnamon-vanilla French Toast, Biscuits & Gravy, and amazing omelets. Plan a party with Pulled Pork Sliders, mini Clubhouse sandwiches and more. We can accommodate parties of up to 75. Or reserve the whole restaurant.
“Excellent taste, diverse menu”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the nearby Element Hotel and drove around on a Saturday night in the Old Market trying to find parking. Dejected, we returned to the hotel and struck out on foot. We walked past the Grill and decided to give it a shot. It looked a bit more up-town from the outside than the menu revealed. It actually has very reasonable prices and a wide selection...from $7 sandwiches to $22 steak. No pressure to order high on the menu. Great service. We got a couple sandwiches and salad. Excellent bread on the sandwiches. My salad was potentially the best salad I have ever had, and I enjoy unique salads---spinach/chicken/cranberry salad with a warm bacon dressing and goat cheese crumbles. We left very satisfied. A warm place to spend a chilly evening in Omaha without the hassle of the Old Market parking.

Visited January 2014
Mike C, General Manager at Black Oak Grill - Midtown Crossing, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
I'm glad you enjoyed. Smoked Chicken & Spinach Salad is a favorite among our guests! Thanks for leaving this nice review. I'll hope we'll see you again soon.

Omaha, Nebraska
“midtown crossing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2013

Went for dinner there as we were at the Element for a special ocassion. there were only 4 or 5 other people in the restaurant at 7 pm on a week night.
My husbands salad came with the wrong dressing. Instead of bringing a new salad, the waiter brought out the vinegar and oil to put on top of the original dressing.
My salmon was delicious. My husbands steak was also excellent. Upon getting the bill we saw that the house wine pinot must not have been house wine as it was $13.00 a glass.
We did not address it with the waiter.

• Visited December 2013
Mike C, General Manager at Black Oak Grill - Midtown Crossing, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
Thank you for visiting and leaving this review. I'm glad you enjoyed your entrees! I apologize for the dressing mix up -- you should have received a new salad. The Belle Gloss Meiomi Pinot Noir that you enjoyed is our only pinot and listed as $12.99/glass on the menu. I'd love to talk more with you, so please call me (Mike, general manager) with any other questions: 402-341-0622. Thanks, again, for stopping by!
Omaha, Nebraska
“Home cooking & good prices”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2013

Yummy trout that was cooked to perfection with cranberries and rice and in the middle of Omaha. The price was $18, great deal. Our friend had a sirloin steak from Wohlner's local grocery that was also excellent and cooked just right. I sipped on a blood orange mojito which was fun and different. Chicken with rosemary and a Rueben sandwich finished off our entrees so there is something for everyone and you will like the prices. At the end of the meal be sure to try the homemade Kahlua Ding Dong - Delicious (you may want to lick the plate). Ambience is good and looks out on a park area. Lunch is served till 3 for the late lunch bunch.

• Visited December 2013
Mike C, General Manager at Black Oak Grill - Midtown Crossing, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
Hey, Mike here. Thanks for stopping by and leaving this nice review! You just mentioned about half of my personal favorite dishes. I'm glad everyone in your group enjoyed the experience! We also have an awesome Happy Hour (M-F from 3-6 and Saturday from 11-6) with half-off some great local and seasonal draft beers. Hope to see you again soon! Like us on Facebook to stay up-to-date on our specials and special events: https://www.facebook.com/blackoakgrillomaha.
“The pot roast is worth going for”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

My wile and I tried this out after we ate at the Branson location. The Pot Roast was really good. If you are a big eater the portion size is on the small side. My wife had the Smoked Chicken & Avocado Club and she thought it was the tastiest bacon she has had. She got the Tomato Basil soup and that was outstanding! The soup alone is worth a visit.

Visited November 2013
Mike C, General Manager at Black Oak Grill - Midtown Crossing, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Scott, thanks for stopping by and leaving this great review! The Smoked Chicken & Avocado Club is my personal favorite, and the Pot Roast is a favorite among our guests. I hope we'll see you again soon.
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Home Cooking”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

Fairly new at Midtown Crossing. Menu is loaded with comfort fare at very reasonable prices. Chicken Fried Chicken was delicious. Friends had pot roast, pork chop, ribs and Parmesan chicken. Everyone was pleased with their choices.. Full bar. Good location. Will definitely return.

Visited August 2013
Mike C, General Manager at Black Oak Grill - Midtown Crossing, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Hi, Ellie! Thanks for stopping in and leaving this great review! I bet you would also love our Happy Hour -- half-off draft beer and appetizers, $5 cocktails, and $5 slider plates (every M-F from 3-6 and Saturday from 11-6)!