“Pedestrian”

Ranked #126 of 1,361 Restaurants in Omaha
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Ranking Top 10 in Nebraska's Best Burger for two years, Black Oak Grill celebrates the great American tradition with comfort cuisine food. With quality steaks from local Wohlner's Grocery, juicy burgers and gourmet sandwiches, Black Oak Grill finds its roots in a broad range of urban grills, neighborhood cafes, boulevard bistros and corner taverns. Stop in for Sunday Brunch. Enjoy a wide selection of local craft beers and great Happy Hour specials. In warmer weather, enjoy the dog-friendly patio with gorgeous views of Turner Park. Not sure what to order? General Manager Mike Cizek recommends starting out with Spinach & 5 Cheese Dip or Fried Goat Cheese. For lunch, enjoy 20 delicious dishes for under $10, like slow-roasted Baby Back Ribs or the Black Oak Salad. At dinner, savor an incredibly tender Ribeye Steak, bacon and fried egg Husker Burger, Smoked Chicken & Avocado Club, or Iron Skillet Trout. Finish off the experience with a chocolate ganache-filled Kahlua Ding Dong. On Sundays, stop in for brunch, with cinnamon-vanilla French Toast, Biscuits & Gravy, and amazing omelets. Plan a party with Pulled Pork Sliders, mini Clubhouse sandwiches and more. We can accommodate parties of up to 75. Or reserve the whole restaurant.
Omaha, Nebraska
“Pedestrian”
Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

Another chain, another disappointment, and if I am right, a third straight failure in this spot, originated as Loft 610. OK, here's the deal. Good: prices are very fair, servers have a good attitude, the patio is nice, and the view is lovely. Bad: service was slow (and the three pretty but lazy hostesses did nothing-they should have been helping out with drink refills and the like), portions were very small, and the food was so-so. Take my wife's salad--maybe two small pieces of apple with her greens, and very little (and inferior) blue cheese. Is that the way to present your namesake "Black Oak" salad? My sandwich was OK, but a little greasy. Not terrible, just ordinary--somewhere between a C+ and a C-. Simply put, there are many better options.

Visited April 2013
Mike C, General Manager at Black Oak Grill - Midtown Crossing, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Thanks for your thoughts. I'd love to hear more of your thoughts. Would you give me a call? 402-341-0622

Lincoln, Nebraska
“Stopped in for lunch.....”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

We were in town for some errands and stopped in for lunch. My wife and I had a beer. They have the usual brands plus some local craft brews including one of our favorites from Lincoln, Empyrean Ales. I always prefer craft brews as compared to national mega brands.
The menu was good. Typical for the type of place it is, but a nice range of choices. My wife had the tomato bisque which she really liked. She also had the grilled cheese sandwich, which had bacon too. She gave it a definite thumbs up! I went for the over the top burger. I liked it as well. As another reviewer stated, the meat seemed "different", but not in a bad way, I would get it again, no problem.
Service was prompt and efficient. Good attitude and just the right amount of interaction.
All in all a very good experience. We will put it on our list for return visits in the future.

• Visited April 2013
Mike C, General Manager at Black Oak Grill - Midtown Crossing, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
If you like Empyrean, be sure to try our other local craft beers from Lucky Bucket and Nebraska Brewing Co. All our draft beers are half-off during Happy Hour, Monday-Friday from 3-6 & Saturday from 11-6. A note to others: We don't have a Tomato Bisque...I'm guessing it was the Tomato Basil Soup your wife enjoyed? Thanks for stopping in and see you again soon.
OMAHA
“A big disappointment”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

My friend and I both originally wanted the smoked chicken and avocado sandwich - Oh , they were out of that..- Really?- with only about 6 sandwiches on the menu! My 'over the top burger' was very underwhelming. In fact, the meat tasted like it was some mixture of their 'signature meatloaf' - I didn't really like it.. To eat a cheeseburger is a splurge for me.. Unfortunately , this was a waste. Waitress couldn't figure out our wine choices.. Couldn't remember which was a pinor noir and a cab.. Geez...Fries were good. Atmosphere was a little cafeteria like.

Visited April 2013
Mike C, General Manager at Black Oak Grill - Midtown Crossing, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Thanks for your feedback. I believe every customer deserves a wonderful experience at Black Oak Grill, so please give me a call at 402-341-0622 so we can discuss. The Smoked Chicken & Avocado Club really is a delightful sandwich, so I hope you can stop by to try it another time.
Elk Point, South Dakota
“Just opened”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Gave the Black Oak Grill a try and will be back again when we are in town. The restaurant had only been open for a couple of weeks so it wasn't perfect. We had a good meal and didn't leave hungry.

Visited January 2013
Denver, Colorado
“Nice atmosphere/friendly staff”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Six of us met for Happy Hour last Friday night at Black Oak Grille. Our waiter, David, did a great job making sure we were taken care of before we could ask. He also had a great sense of humor. The restaurant has a great atmosphere. All the gals had salads and I had the pulled pork sliders. They had a good flavor but were a little on the cold side. It wasn't worth mentioning to send them back. They were on the Happy Hour menu. The gals seemed to like their salads. We did order the ding dong dessert...the only dessert they make in house. It was kind of like a Little Debbie...nothing too exciting. Skip dessert and drink wine. :)

• Visited March 2013