“Good Food ,Unacceptable service”
Review of Taita - CLOSED

Taita
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Military Ave
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Ultimately, food once received ,was good. But the process to get it ordered and even to get a drink was tortuous. There was only one person waiting on the entire (small) restaurant. It was not enough. I will not go back.

1  Thank GinkyH

Reviewed September 17, 2013

We decided to eat here about 2 weeks ago on a whim ( we were actually looking for another restaurant on TripAdvisor but the address must have been wrong because it wasn't where TripAdvisor said it was) . When we walked in, it turned out the place was about booked but they did have a table and weren't snooty at all about it. I can't remember the names as the dishes were a little high brow for the likes of us but we ended up getting a raw fish appetizer, Cerviche, (actually, it was "cooked" in the marinade). The menu did not explain it was raw; should have googled it. It was tasty and we did finish it. . .probably wouldn't have ordered it had we known it was not cooked--with heat.

I got a bass dish in a tasty broth; the fish tasted actually fishy to me so I did report this to the server. My husband ate it and I ate his scorpion fish which was very light and tasted fresh. Both dishes came with vegetables but precious few for the price we paid. I prefer to have lots of vegetables and my fish/meat/chicken on the side. The dishes were not greasy and probably pretty low fat. . I think.

We shared the really rich chocolate dessert dessert; forgot the name already. It was a very small serving but quite filling. Coffee was ok; not as strong as I ordinarily prefer.

If I could pick one thing that stands out about this place, it would be the service. From the time we walked in to the time we left, the staff smiled and made us feel like they were glad to have us. The price and style is a little out of our league (lots of cost but little food, can't pronounce the items on the menu) but we might try it again and get a vegetarian dish as their menu does change periodically.

We were there on a Friday night and was busy. I'd recommend reservations. Also there are colorful murals on the walls including an octopus in the men's room. And bring your dictionary app or ask lots of questions if you don't know the meaning of the words.

2  Thank ChakWalk
Reviewed August 5, 2013

It's really difficult to find good seafood in Omaha, yes here it is. Taita is wonderful -- fresh fish, friendly staff, beautiful presentations. Be sure to try their scallop appetizer; it is out of this world. Their menu is relatively small, but they focus on what they can get fresh, so you know they're not compromising on quality. We both had the halibut special, poached in olive oil and served with broccoli, roasted tomatoes, and potato puree. With apologies to Gordon Ramsey for stealing his line, it was absolutely perfect.

Taita is a relatively small restaurant (8 tables, 8 seats at the bar), so be sure to have your reservations made in advance. While we were there we did see two couples walk-in, and they were able to accommodate them within a few minutes.

If you're looking for an amazing dining experience, I highly recommend Taita.

2  Thank cidbliq
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I love seafood, so it's very exciting to have a restaurant in Omaha that focuses primarily on fish! Each dish that my husband and I tried was delicious and thoughtfully prepared. They currently have great deals on appetizers and wine Monday through Thursday, which allowed us to thoroughly sample each. Benson is really becoming a destination for food and nightlife and Taita is a true highlight!

Reviewed July 3, 2013

My Dad and I enjoyed this restaurant! All of the food was delicious, the service was wonderful and the atmosphere was beautiful. My favorite dish was the Monk Fish. I definitely want to bring my husband with me to eat there next time. The restaurant isn't very big so I would recommend making a reservation. I made our reservation through www.opentable.com. We went on a Tuesday evening so it wasn't very crowded. I've heard that they are more crowded on the weekends.

1  Thank PrincessLea3