“Starting to slip”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 1, 2014

I used to LOVE this restaurant! The last 2 times I have ordered the cabbage soup, they have been sold out...AT LUNCH!!!!!!!! Perhaps making a bit more would be a good idea as the other soups I substituted were lousy. I believe I had the Jalapeno Tasteless Soup and the Seafood Lousy. Sadly, both were tasteless mush. The fish and chips were OUTSTANDING! I am thrilled they have not yet screwed that up. I really hope this place gets moving in the right direction again.

Reviewed March 29, 2014

We looked forward to brunch on a Sunday in March, having had success here before. I'll say that brunch was less than we'd hoped for one main reason -- they had run out of hollandaise sauce by the time we arrived. A staple of any "benedict" brunch, you really need hollandaise and they didn't make enough. Disappointing because their special was a steak benedict, which I would have been all over. In its stead, the huevos rancheros was good, and the accompanying bloody mary was perhaps a meal in itself.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

We took out-of-state family visitors here for Sunday brunch on 1/4/14, my first experience. The atmosphere was friendly, we were promptly seated and our server briefed us on the specials of the day. We all ordered different items, my choice was the huevos rancheros. The food was lovely; the eggs cooked perfectly for my taste, and the complex blending of flavors made it a great choice. Others in the party were equally pleased with their choices. The only suggestion would be to make the mushroom soup a bit more focused on the mushrooms...it was a rich creamy soup with slices of mushroom....but the mushroom flavor did not permeate the soup, which I prefer. Great service; the cost was appropriate for the product. I look forward to returning again. Mac Thompson's winning streak is nicely exhibited at Mantra.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

I reviewed this restaurant several months ago. The experience was not one I'd care to repeat. But, being a fair minded person, I thought I would give Mantra a second chance. Today was a totally different experience. The food was excellent and it came as I ordered. There was no feta cheese on my sandwich. The wait staff was on point for speed and efficiency. I will go back.

Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

Amazing food at a good price. Server Riley was great and very attentive on a busy Saturday night. Flat iron steak was great, as was the seafood enchilada. Ahi tuna nachos were fantastic. I highly recommend this place.

Been to Mantra? Share your experiences!